Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 6
September 1, 2021
|Experimental snapshot for|
- Now follow players holding hay bales.
- Aquifers under oceans or rivers are more likely to link to the underground.
- More likely to find cave openings on ocean floors that actually lead somewhere instead of being cut off.
- Caves at Y=0 to Y=40 which under oceans are more likely to be flooded.
- No longer considered as cold climates.
- Decreased the chance of mixed in with snowy biomes, caused a small reshuffle of other biomes to maintain the overall balance.
- Decreased the chance of generating on mountain peaks.
- Altered generation so that they tend to spawn farther away from contrasting temperatures.
- Slightly reduced the number of water springs.
- Now generate in dry areas.
- Decreased the chance of being fragmented.
- Underwater variants readded
- No longer use a specific carver for underwater canyons. Instead, they generate on ocean floors, using normal noise caves and carvers.
- Now have more natural variation.
- Decreased the chance of generating cold microbiomes.
- Slightly increased the number of underwater magma blocks, to increase the chance of finding air when diving in aquifers.
- Cave carvers can now carve through sand and gravel on ocean floors.
- Fixed decreased generation rate of lush caves.
Video made by slicedlime:
This version is not supported on the bug tracker, and therefore issues affecting it will be resolved as "Invalid".
- "New world generation in Java available for testing" by Henrik Kniberg. Minecraft.net, September 1, 2021
- "Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 6 is out!" – u/MrHenrik2 on Reddit, September 1, 2021
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.