Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 5
August 25, 2021
|Experimental snapshot for|
- Removed the height-based spawning change that was made in snapshot 3.
- Slightly decreased the size of Badlands.
- In world generation, grass is replaced with stone (if generated near grass).
- Re-added the Jungle Edge biome.
- Mountain tops are now more jagged and pointy.
- Mountain areas and peak biomes now are slightly larger on average.
- Raised the average mountain height
- Tweaked mushroom fields biome, now it matches the shape of the islands better.
- Tweaked the depth of rivers and the steepness of river banks.
- They are less likely to be super deep or get cut off in flat areas.
- Rivers integrate better with swamps, the river tends to get shallow and merge with the swamp instead of carving through.
- Moved swamps slightly more inland.
- Swamp trees can grow in slightly deeper water than before, populating deeper marshes.
- Small lakes features are no longer placed in dry and hot biomes (desert, savanna, badlands).
- Reduced the number of lake feature placements in other biomes.
- Water springs can generate in more types of blocks such as dirt and snow, increasing the likelihood of small mountain streams and waterfalls.
- Reduced the amount of shattered terrain and shattered savanna biome, replacing some of that space with flatter beaches instead.
- Fossils with diamonds no longer generate above deepslate level.
- Fixed an unintentional change from snapshot 4 that made mountains lower and smoother.
- Small hills and overhangs (3D noise) generate more often in flat areas, like in the third experimental snapshot.
- Fixed an indent in the code.
Video made by slicedlime:
This version is not supported on the bug tracker, and therefore issues affecting it will be resolved as "Invalid".
- This is the first experimental snapshot to release on a Wednesday, the previous ones were all released on Tuesdays.
- "New world generation in Java available for testing" by Henrik Kniberg. Minecraft.net, August 25, 2021
- "Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 5 is out!" – u/MrHenrik2 on Reddit, August 25, 2021
- "Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 6 is out!" – u/MrHenrik2 on Reddit, September 1, 2021
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.