Minecraft 1.18 Pre-release 6
November 22, 2021
- Features are generated a bit more sparsely.
- Melons are now less common.
- Upgrading of old worlds
- New cave generation under existing chunks with holes now fits together better with the blocks above it.
- Chunks are now saved whenever there is spare time to reduce autosave spikes.
- 18 issues fixed
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236947 –
Signatureattribute is stripped from java records.
- MC-238930 – Soul Sand and Soul Soil generate below the nether ceiling.
- MC-238959 – Falling block placing at Y=1 changes into dropped item when landing on Y=0.
- MC-239880 – Some chunks have missing blocks below 0.
- MC-239900 – Upgrading custom world to 21w43a ignores min_y and height.
- MC-240513 – Pandas do not spawn in bamboo jungles with Default world.
- MC-241263 – Off-heap memory leak.
- MC-241409 – Game crashes when terrain shaper data is missing.
- MC-241630 – Temperatures don't properly get converted.
- MC-241636 – Snow golems don't take damage in hot biomes when a cave biome is underneath.
- MC-241767 – Breaking a vine or ladder block while the player is climbing it while sneaking allows the player to hover in place indefinetly.
- MC-241820 – Ocean Monuments upgraded from previous versions appears to have the bounding box shifted to chunk borders north and west.
- MC-241830 – Windswept savannas in amplified worlds have the incorrect surface blocks.
- MC-241941 – Nether bedrock roof can generate exposed.
- From the previous development version
- MC-242016 – Dripstone doesn't generate at high y values.
- MC-242022 – Game crashes when loading new chunks (Exception generating new chunk, caused by
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 268435455 out of bounds for length 32).
- MC-242479 – Pointed dripstone makes holes in lava pools.
- MC-242520 – Horses, Donkeys and Pigs float above water when dismounted underwater.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.18 Pre-Release 6" – Minecraft.net, November 22, 2021