November 19, 2021
1.18 Pre-release 5 (known as 1.18-pre5 in the launcher) is the fifth pre-release for Java Edition 1.18, released on November 19, 2021, which fixes some bugs, many of which are relating to textures issues.
- Added following block tags:
- Contains terracotta, white_terracotta, orange_terracotta, magenta_terracotta, light_blue_terracotta, yellow_terracotta, lime_terracotta, pink_terracotta, gray_terracotta, light_gray_terracotta, cyan_terracotta, purple_terracotta, blue_terracotta, brown_terracotta, green_terracotta, red_terracotta, and black_terracotta.
- Added following item tags:
The specific instructions are: add texture changes
- Slightly changed the hammer texture on its GUI.
- Bottom texture was changed.
- Texture was changed from to , to match the dark oak planks texture after being updated a second time in the Texture Update.
- Textures of cocoa pods (
stage1) were changed.
- Side texture was changed to better match its top texture.
- Changed door's model，to fix spruce door's top/bottom texture.
- Changed textures of oak doors and iron doors to remove a horizontal line.
- Top texture was changed to better match its side texture.
- Base texture was changed to match the oak planks texture after being updated a second time in the Texture Update.
- Top textures of crimson stems and warped stems were changed, to match Bedrock Edition.
- Changed the top texture of dark oak log.
- Changed the side texture of stripped dark oak log, to match the color of its top texture.
- Changed one miscolored pixel on their texture.
- Changed textures of blue stained glass and red stained glass, to match transparency of other types of stained glass.
- Textures were moved down by 1 pixel.
- Texture of the wild axolotl was changed.
- Removed hoods in their textures.
- Removed a few misplaced pixels in its texture.
- The bottom texture of all parrots' wings has been flipped.
- Smooth stone outline texture was changed.
- Melons are about 10 times more common than in previous snapshots.
- Pumpkins are about 6 times more common than in previous snapshots
- Sweet berry bushes are about 4 times more common than in previous snapshots.
- Upgrading of old worlds
- If there is any bedrock at height 0 in a chunk, new world generation will happen under any non-air block at height 0 in that chunk.
- 60 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-138118 – Parrot wing texture is reversed on the bottom.
- MC-148422 – Stripped dark oak log side texture is too bright.
- MC-150567 – Dark oak log top texture bark ring not updated.
- MC-162038 – Pillagers have no hood texture.
- MC-162803 – Lily Pad mirrors texture when placed.
- MC-170557 – Spruce door top/bottom has the incorrect texture.
- MC-176309 – Illusioner has a few misplaced pixels left in their texture.
- MC-176824 – Red glass and outline of blue glass are slightly more opaque.
- MC-176833 – Anvil GUI hammer uses an outdated iron pallet.
- MC-177664 – Sound system warning messages are spamming the system log.
- MC-180398 – Too many sounds causes client to stall, limit can be easily reached with rabbits.
- MC-194822 – Glass pane top texture has not changed with the Texture Update.
- MC-194950 – Cactus in potted cactus is vertically squished.
- MC-198007 – Villages replace ice with path blocks instead of wood.
- MC-199662 – Extra pixels in cocoa pod textures as of Texture Update.
- MC-200046 – Cartography table planks texture is incorrect/slightly outdated.
- MC-200137 – Lectern base plate texture still uses the old planks texture.
- MC-200956 – Beetroot seeds texture is not vertically centered.
- MC-200957 – Melon seeds texture is not vertically centered.
- MC-202910 – Inconsistent highlight color on armor.
- MC-204901 – Side texture for dirt paths hasn't been updated with the texture update.
- MC-219132 – Cave vines hang from amethyst buds and clusters.
- MC-221172 – Warped and Crimson Stems use different top texture from Bedrock Edition.
- MC-222154 – Cave vines can generate hanging on pointed dripstone.
- MC-222763 – Armor stands use the old smooth stone slab texture.
- MC-225553 – Oak and iron doors have a line in their textures.
- MC-226711 – Carrot crop texture has an incorrect pixel.
- MC-227258 – Flowering Azalea Leaves are in both
#minecraft:mineable/axetags, while regular Azalea Leaves (and all other leaves) are only in
- MC-228900 – Cave vines can generate floating (Recurrence of MC-218817).
- MC-229977 – Breaking blocks with pistons on the east/west direction causes significant lag.
- MC-231219 – Cave vines can occasionally generate hanging on fences.
- MC-231272 – Cave vines can sometimes generate hanging on cobwebs.
- MC-231818 – You can no longer use the up or down arrow to navigate between servers in the multiplayer menu.
- MC-233883 – The hide and show messages buttons in the social interactions menu display their hover text regardless of the position of the cursor.
- MC-234039 – The back of wild axolotls are off-centered.
- MC-235567 – Clusters of dripstone (stalagmites) tend to generate abnormally frequent with thickness "tip" on tall caves.
- MC-241747 – Inconsistent Colors in grindstone GUI.
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236723 – The Floating Islands preset does not seem to be generating correctly.
- MC-237500 – Azalea trees can generate on top of huge mushrooms, trees & bamboo.
- MC-238360 – Rooted dirt cannot replace terracotta.
- MC-238529 – Azalea trees can fail to generate.
- MC-238530 – Hanging roots can fail to generate.
- MC-238892 – Rooted dirt doesn't replace red sand.
- MC-239128 – Sweet berry bushes generate extremely rare in comparison with 1.17.1.
- MC-239143 – Terracotta generating into caves in eroded badlands.
- MC-239237 – Azalea trees can be generated on icebergs.
- MC-239474 – Autosaving now causes extreme and gameplay-impacting lag.
- MC-239489 – Melons generate rarely in jungle biomes.
- MC-239847 – Chunk blending occasionally produces sharp chunk border edges.
- MC-241256 – Some feature configs still expect a configured feature instead of a placed feature.
- MC-241278 – Azalea trees are no longer generating.
- MC-241539 – Stone generates in the side of hoodoos.
- MC-241566 – Mossy cobblestone boulders generate in a grid pattern in old-growth spruce taigas.
- MC-241588 – Cave vines can sometimes generate hanging on water.
- MC-241672 – Mobs don't panic when burning if standing on blocks placed above water.
- MC-241728 – Converting world to 1.18 pre-release 2 generates new caves in too many places.
- MC-241784 – Some sliders in options menu do not work properly.
- MC-241933 – Spore blossoms, cave vines, and pointed dripstones generate indented into the cave surface.
- From the previous development version
- MC-241800 – Cannot change numbers for gamerules on world creation.
- MC-241847 – Floating stone platform doesn't generate in void superflat world preset.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.18 Pre-Release 5" – Minecraft.net, November 19, 2021