November 17, 2021
- Starting server.jar with an empty
bundlerMainClasswill now just validate and extract files, then exit.
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-109260 – Full-width punctuation characters are rendered incorrectly.
- MC-132285 – Isolated water block floating in mid-air.
- MC-185263 – Non full chunks in cache memory "semi-leak".
- MC-223840 – Lava blocks from "Lava Aquifers" don't get updated when a cave cuts through underneath them.
- MC-240229 – Rain and snow fall on the same blocks in a certain height range.
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236740 – Server-side lag spike sometimes occurs when attempting to locate a buried treasure or opening/breaking a chest containing a map.
- MC-236764 – Lighting lags behind world generation.
- MC-239397 – Lava pockets generate in icebergs.
- MC-239610 – Severe world corruption due to 1.18 snapshots failing to deserialize chunks that 1.17 loads fine.
- MC-239682 – Out of memory crash: World generation exhausts Java heap space.
- MC-239950 – Feature placement doesn't check for biomes, causing unnecessary lag.
- MC-240483 – Foxes that spawn in grove biomes aren't the snowy variant.
- MC-240589 – Game froze for several minutes and then crashed while flying around and loading chunks.
- MC-241245 – Generated Deepslate overwrites ore veins (mainly Iron ore veins).
- MC-241255 – Gigantic Performance Drop after a couple of minutes.
- MC-241352 – Directory structure is not consistent between server and client.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.18 Pre-Release 3" – Minecraft.net, November 17, 2021