Minecraft 1.18.1 Pre-release 1
December 3, 2021
- World fog now starts further away from the player, to make distant terrain more visible.
- Instead of applying fog as a spherical volume it is now applied as a cylindrical volume.
- 4 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-219507 – Beacon's power reverts back to previous one on world reload.
- From 1.18
- MC-242729 – Observer activating without any updates nearby, caused by
- MC-243216 – Chunk render distance on servers seems shorter than in 1.17.1.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players on low-bandwidth connections to get timeout errors when connecting to a server.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.18.1 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, December 3, 2021