June 2, 2021
1.17 Pre-release 4 (known as 1.17-pre4 in the launcher) is the fourth pre-release for Java Edition 1.17, released on June 2, 2021, which fixed bugs and crashes, most of which relate to issues in the credits.
- The undyed candle in cake has been renamed from "Candle Cake" to "Cake with Candle".
- Now scroll even faster when holding Space and one or both of the Ctrl keys together.
- 14 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-223552 – Credits not alphabetically ordered.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-226690 – In the credits, "EXPERIS" is in all capital letters for two employees.
- MC-226692 – In the credits, a closing parenthesis is missing for Brian Canning.
- MC-226693 – The credits say "Wed Developers" instead of "Web Developers" in one place.
- MC-226696 – In the credits, "TEN GUN DESIGN INC" is in all capital letters for one employee.
- MC-226698 – In the credits, "HARVEY NASH INC" is in all capital letters for one employee.
- MC-226700 – Some people are listed twice in the credits.
- MC-226702 – The usage and punctuation of "Inc." and "LLC" are inconsistent in the credits.
- MC-226762 – Credits Text Wrapping.
- MC-226777 – When a crossbow is loaded in the offhand, you cannot see it or shoot with it if an item is held in the main hand.
- MC-227003 – Game crashed whilst debug profiling.
- From the previous development version
- MC-227058 – Any hostility between animals is removed in peaceful.
- MC-227092 – Experimental Settings confirmation prompt appears when creating any world in 1.17-pre3.
- MC-227107 – C418 is removed from
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 4" – Minecraft.net, June 2, 2021
- Re-enables features set to release for 1.18.