June 1, 2021
1.17 Pre-release 3 (known as 1.17-pre3 in the launcher) is the third pre-release for Java Edition 1.17, released on June 1, 2021, which fixed bugs and crashes, as well as tweaking the lit candle textures.
- Tweaked the textures of lit candles.
- Now does not emit light when on no size.
- Mobs rammed by goats will no longer retaliate.
- Now only spawn in total darkness and where there's a block with
base_stone_overworldtag (i.e. stone, deepslate, andesite, diorite, granite or tuff) less than 5 blocks below the spawning space.
- Changed the description of the advancement "Wax On" from "Apply Wax to a Copper block!" to "Apply Honeycomb to a Copper block!".
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-85967 – Vines placed without a support block using
/setblockcannot be interacted with.
- MC-223227 – Floating water caves in caves under the ocean.
- MC-225077 – Vines can spread upward to non-full blocks.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203773 – Lightning rod is floating when held in third-person.
- MC-215946 – Game fatally crashed while exploring chunks (
IllegalStateException: Accessing PalettedContainer from multiple threads).
- MC-222223 – Baby axolotls despawn.
- MC-223146 – Endermen don't render vines when held anymore.
- MC-223147 – Vines aren't rendered with
- MC-225344 – Cave generation seems to be broken at seemingly random chunk borders.
- MC-226441 – Lit candle texture doesn't change when on cake.
- MC-226514 – Crash trying to start a world:
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field "u" because "â˜ƒ" is null.
- MC-226660 – "Double closing program" warnings upon closing the game.
- MC-226874 – Player's owned
player_headon mobs are flashing.
- From the previous development version
- MC-226956 – Gravity blocks do not break when
doEntityDropsis set to false.
- MC-226970 – Stars are occluded by render fog.
- MC-227018 – Changing or reloading resource packs does not reload core shaders until reloading a second time.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 3" – Minecraft.net, June 1, 2021
- Re-enables features set to release for 1.18.