Minecraft 1.17 Pre-release 2
May 31, 2021
- The namespaced ID was changed from
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-68129 – Smooth lighting doesn't work properly underwater.
- MC-106417 – Shulkers can be pushed outside of the world border by a piston.
- MC-173834 – Glowing damaged iron golem outline shows cracks.
- MC-196298 – Arrows fired into the side of bamboo or pointed dripstone never despawn.
- MC-220698 – The
ExplosionPowerof ghast fireballs is uncapped, causing a freeze / crash.
- MC-223602 – Glowing translucent entities often don't merge their outlines with other glowing entities.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-205840 – Smooth lighting behaves oddly on blocks covered with tinted glass.
- MC-213767 – Flowering azalea leaves ID is unintuitive.
- MC-220109 – Horses' fur patterns are outlined by the glowing effect.
- MC-225190 – TNT can be pushed with enchanted sword with knockback.
- MC-225911 – Slimes and magma cubes not interacting with player.
- From the previous development version
- MC-226470 – Nether fossils generate on the nether roof above bedrock in soul sand valleys.
- MC-226561 – Facing away from signs with glowing text makes the text disappear or z-fight.
- MC-226576 – Unknown CPU on Debug menu.
- MC-226782 –
/debug startdoes not work as described.
- Private issues
- MC-224580 – Duplication exploit with dolphins.
- 1.17 pre-release 2 was released exactly 11 year after 0.0.15a (Multiplayer Test 1)
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, May 31, 2021
- Re-enables features set to release for 1.18.