June 29, 2021
1.17.1 Pre-release 2 (known as 1.17.1-pre2 in the launcher) is the second pre-release for Java Edition 1.17.1, released on June 29, 2021, which adds the feature for the logging of named mobs' deaths and fixes bugs.
- Removed the following languages due to incomplete translations:
- Deaths of named mobs are now logged.
- 8 issues fixed
- From 1.17
- MC-219290 – Calcite is too quiet compared to other blocks.
- MC-221656 – Creative mode obtained bucket of axolotl/tropical fish only spawns one kind axolotl/tropical fish.
- MC-226926 – Emerald ore generates too often.
- MC-228599 – Attempting to walk through flowing water constantly switches the player from swimming into normal mode.
- MC-229191 – Diamond ore distribution changed between 1.16.5 and 1.17.
- MC-229441 – You can steal the item a villager is holding for trade by killing it.
- MC-229614 – Wandering Trader obtained tropical fish are only white kob.
- From the previous development version
Video made by slicedlime:
- Despite MC-221656 being marked as fixed, axolotls spawned from buckets obtained in creative inventory still only spawn as pink.
- "Minecraft 1.17.1 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, June 29, 2021