Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
Minecraft 1.17.1 Pre-release 1
June 18, 2021
- Powder snow now fills cauldrons 2 times as fast as before.
- Tweaked held model texture to include glass on the backside.
- Blue axolotls now only spawn through breeding.
- Increased the drop probability of copper ingot from 5% to 11%, and increased the drop rate boost with each level of the Looting enchantment from 1% to 2%.
- This change is to match Bedrock Edition's drop rates.
- Breeding common goats now has a chance to produce screaming goats.
- Status effects applied to goats now also apply when the goat is jumping or ramming.
- No longer pick up glow ink sacs.
- This prevents zombies from persisting after picking up the loot of a dead glow squid.
- Handshake packet padding method for "hostname" and "port" field has reverted to pre-1.17 when the server address which used is a SRV record.
- Now, data padded in these field will use the address and port which SRV record pointed at, instead of using "server address" as "hostname" and 25565 as "port".
- Some new characters have been added.
- Includes several currency symbols and some new emoji.
- The new characters are: ✂🍖🪣🔔⏳⚑₠₡₢₣₤₥₦₩₫₭₮₰₱₲₳₵₶₷₸₹₺₻₼₿
- 29 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-123654 – Sun, moon, and/or clouds are not showing if render distance is below 4.
- MC-131290 – Enchantments are saved as shorts, but are loaded as and function with integer values.
- MC-156155 – Turkish lira sign (
₺) appears as
□in the game.
- MC-194736 – Duplicate text mapping for
- MC-196999 –
U+1FECis wrong in Minecraft's font.
- MC-223350 – Loaded chunks sometimes don't render until the player moves their head slightly.
- From 1.17
- MC-213986 – Pistons and dispensers can be used to create ghost blocks using powder snow.
- MC-219018 – Ghost items can be created using
/item(server doesn't update client inventory correctly).
- MC-223368 – Strength and weakness potions / custom attack damage attributes does not change damage from goats.
- MC-225816 – Hanging roots appear large when an item entity.
- MC-226461 – Logs can be replaced with stone near lava pools.
- MC-226505 – Goat's long jump is not affected by the jump boost effect.
- MC-226512 – Goats do not use the damage of held items when ramming entities.
- MC-226948 – Withers are now affected by potion effects.
- MC-227387 – World gen datapacks will likely crash or softlock the game.
- MC-227435 – Lag when placing heads of non-existent players when on servers.
- MC-227483 –
root_systemfeature config's codec uses a wrong field.
- MC-227520 – Overworld Fossils always generate at bedrock level.
- MC-227557 – End portal texture appears stretched after world conversion.
- MC-227618 – Small dripleaf is consumed without being placed when used on tall seagrass.
- MC-227651 – Group for lapis lazuli ore smelting and blasting recipes is misspelled.
- MC-227821 – Client crash when trying to create/edit realm immediately after deleting previous one.
- MC-227891 – Ender pearls despawn when a player logs out of a server.
- MC-228219 – Thrown ender pearls disappear upon entering the exit end portal.
- MC-228343 –
random_selectordefault feature isn't found.
- MC-228430 – Very long loading pause while booting the game ("Failed to add PDH Counter", caused by oshi).
- MC-228828 – Specifying the
--serverparameter when starting the game, causes the game to crash.
- MC-229299 – Blue axolotls can spawn naturally.
- Duplication exploit with anvils.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.17.1 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, June 18, 2021
- Re-enables features set to release for 1.18.