Java Edition 1.16 Pre-release 5
Minecraft 1.16 Pre-release 5
June 12, 2020
- Added a warning message for enabling Fabulous! graphics.
- The message appears when the player's graphics driver is known to have rendering issues with the graphics option, or if the driver is detected as problematic.
- The list of drivers affected can be changed using resource packs.
- Removed the quotes around "Fast" and "Fancy" in the descriptions for these graphics types.
- Instances of "Fabulous!" in the description for fabulous graphics now appears in italics ("Fabulous!").
- World creation
- Changed the description of the
doTileDropsgame rules from "Controls resource drops, including experience orbs" to "Controls resource drops from <mobs/blocks>, including experience orbs"
- 39 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-80546 – Mounting and quickly dismounting vehicle does not move player to vehicle but only teleports them relatively to their position.
- MC-141934 – Ctrl + pick block on a lectern does not display its book despite being saved to NBT.
- MC-148955 – Iron golems can spawn inside of non-full blocks.
- MC-149308 – Thrown items appear right in front of head for a frame.
- MC-166276 – Thrown items and blocks sometimes appear black for an instant.
- MC-166413 – Item frame turns black for an instant when being placed.
- MC-166607 – Not set attributes throw error.
- MC-166718 – Mobs no longer suffocate inside of soul sand, farmland or grass paths.
- MC-167359 – Items are bright for a brief moment after being broken.
- MC-167362 – Item frames are bright for a brief moment when placed.
- MC-170340 – Mined blocks models can sometimes render blue for a moment.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-177099 – Zoglins lock on targets and don't pick another target if target is unaccessible.
- MC-177361 – Villagers/wandering traders do not flee away from zoglins.
- MC-180867 – Jukeboxes grabbed with an NBT+ picker do not release discs on right click.
- MC-181605 – Right-clicking a respawn anchor with an item in off-hand uses that item.
- MC-182119 – Game mode description text is no longer centered and now extends off the screen in some languages.
- MC-182880 – Fish spawn rates are too high in rivers.
- MC-183469 – Mobs do not pathfind around holes or lava.
- MC-185777 – Shift-clicking a netherite ingot in a smithing table moves the ingot to gear slot.
- MC-186206 – Water tinted rendered differently behind glass top versus sides.
- MC-187568 – Entity hitboxes render in front of them when graphics setting is set to fabulous for some users.
- MC-187986 – Setting spawn point using a non-fully charged respawn anchor while holding a non-glowstone block in the main hand causes placed block to disappear temporarily.
- MC-188468 – User control for "Swap Item with Offhand" gets reset when upgrading from 1.16-pre2 to pre3.
- MC-188489 – "Switch item with offhand" inventory keyboard shortcut still works in “Search Items” creative tab, overriding text input.
- MC-188505 – Attacking an entity while sneaking cancels sneaking for a moment, then desyncs client and server about player's height.
- MC-188509 – Zombified piglins drop experience but not gold ingots when they die while aggressive.
- MC-188542 – Custom world gen settings causes minecraft to crash upon import.
- MC-188633 – Small mobs drown while in a boat.
- MC-188652 – Gamerules
doTileDropshave the same description in gamerule menu.
- MC-188655 – Number keys in Creative search override typing in the search bar, resulting in unintentional hotbar item switching.
- From the previous development version
- MC-188669 – Clouds render in front of everything on "Fabulous!" graphics setting.
- MC-188673 – Particles render in front of semi-transparent in "Fabulous!" graphics setting.
- MC-188675 – Bed heads, bottom doors, and tall flowers drop two items.
- MC-188678 – Milking a cow/mooshroom for milk or mushroom stew consumes the item without giving anything back.
- MC-188691 – The player can no longer light a nether portal using a fire charge on the side of obsidian.
- MC-188692 – Experience orbs render through end crystals in "Fabulous!" graphics setting.
- MC-188694 – Some blocks' hitboxes are rendered through other blocks in "Fabulous!" graphics setting.
- MC-188808 – Ice blocks on item frames are visible through chest blocks in "Fabulous!" graphics setting.
- MC-188923 – Rain can be seen indoors while using "Fabulous" graphics setting.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.16 Pre-Release 5" – Minecraft.net, June 12, 2020