October 22, 2020
1.16.4 Pre-release 2 (known as 1.16.4-pre2 in the launcher) is the second and final pre-release for Java Edition 1.16.4, released on October 22, 2020, which changes some features related to server, accessibility, splashes, and fixes bugs.
- When logging in with a Microsoft account, players blocked in that account are now also blocked in the game, and account restrictions are now respected.
- A button to open a link to the Accessibility Guide can now be found in the Accessibility Options screen.
- When the server and client version are incompatible, a red message will be shown instead of the dark red message.
- When multiplayer is disabled, the message displayed will now read, "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings." instead of "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your launcher settings."
- The status of a player is now listed below their name on the Social Interactions screen.
- A new tab is available to filter by Blocked players in the Social Interactions screen.
- Chat from blocked players is always hidden.
- Realms invites from blocked players are hidden.
- Changed and removed the textures of a few UI elements on the social interactions screen.
- The splashes relating to the Black Lives Matter movement have been added to splashes.txt. These splashes were added to the game via a launcher update during 1.16.2 but were not in splashes.txt. The splashes are:
- Black lives matter!
- Be anti-racist!
- Learn about allyship!
- Speak OUT against injustice and UP for equality!
- Amplify and listen to BIPOC voices!
- Educate your friends on anti-racism!
- Support the BIPOC community and creators!
- Stand up for equality in your community!
- 11 issues fixed
- From 1.16.3
- MC-201885 – Divide-by-zero error in the ender dragon entity class can cause a server crash and infinite velocity
- From the previous development version
- MC-202134 – Opening Social Interactions menu does not update player appearances if the player is in Spectator mode.
- MC-202136 – Social Interaction toast icon does not render properly with Programmer Art resource pack.
- MC-202137 – Social Interaction screen says "players" for one player.
- MC-202143 – Social Interactions search bar does not stay selected when switching tabs, although the cursor remains.
- MC-202145 – Opening the Social Interactions menu in a singleplayer world open to LAN after attempting to join an outdated multiplayer server displays the name of the outdated server instead of the name of the current world.
- MC-202147 – Cursor in Social Interactions, recipe book, and anvil menu does not blink.
- MC-202150 – Slider bar on social menu appears broken.
- MC-202155 – Outdated server warn text does not actually exist.
- MC-202156 – Social Interactions search box entries can go out of the box.
- MC-202157 – Hidden players' X in Social Interactions are not vertically centered.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.16.4 Pre-release 2" – Minecraft.net, October 22, 2020