Java Edition 1.16.4 Pre-release 1
October 15, 2020
1.16.4 Pre-release 1 (known as 1.16.4-pre1 in the launcher) is the first pre-release for Java Edition 1.16.4, released on October 15, 2020, which adds the social interactions screen and fixes two bugs.
- Added Social interactions screen.
- Gives players the ability to disable chatting with certain players, thus hiding any messages receiving from them.
- Opens with a configurable key binding, by default P.
- Whether a player is hidden resets when re-joining a server.
- Changed the texture of the worn netherite leggings model.
- More information is now added to the crash log in cases where poor performance causes the server to crash.
- Added "joinedFirstServer" option to options.txt.
- New network protocol scheme, with a high bit (bit 30) set for snapshots. The protocol version will increase by 1 for each snapshot, but full releases may keep the same protocol version as the previous full release in cases where the network protocols are compatible.
- When the server and client version are incompatible, a message reading "Incompatible version!" will be displayed, instead of "Client out of date!" or "Server out of date!".
- 2 issues fixed
- From 1.16
- MC-192434 – The top front texture of worn netherite leggings is inconsistent with the rest of the texture.
- From 1.16.2
- MC-199487 – World generation deadlock causes crash.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.16.4 Pre-release 1" – Minecraft.net, October 15, 2020