July 29, 2020
1.16.2 Pre-release 1 (known as 1.16.2-pre1 in the launcher) is the first pre-release for Java Edition 1.16.2, released on July 29, 2020, which adds two new options relating to effects, allows chains to be placed along any axis, and fixes bugs.
Glyph Unicode Name ⅐
VULGAR FRACTION ONE SEVENTH
VULGAR FRACTION ONE NINTH
VULGAR FRACTION ONE FIFTH
VULGAR FRACTION TWO FIFTHS
VULGAR FRACTION THREE FIFTHS
VULGAR FRACTION FOUR FIFTHS
VULGAR FRACTION ONE SIXTH
VULGAR FRACTION FIVE SIXTHS
VULGAR FRACTION ONE TENTH
VULGAR FRACTION ZERO THIRDS
FRACTION NUMERATOR ONE
- Added 8 emoji relating to items in the game:
Glyph Unicode Name Item 🗡
BOW AND ARROW
FISHING POLE AND FISH
Fishing Rod 🧪
Splash Potion 🛡
- Added 3 other glyphs:
Glyph Unicode Name ⯪
STAR WITH LEFT HALF BLACK
STAR WITH RIGHT HALF BLACK
LATIN CAPITAL LETTER ALPHA
- Added a new "Distortion Effects" slider, which affects screen distortion effects such as Nausea and the nether portal distortion.
- Ranges from OFF (0%) to 100%.
- As the slider goes lower, a green overlay will appear more intensely on the screen.
- Despite the options menu saying this replaces the nausea effect at lower levels, it actually acts as an inverse relationship. The nausea distortion is not truly disabled unless the slider is set to "OFF."
- Added a new "FOV Effects" slider.
- "Chat Delay" is now also available in chat settings.
- Previously, it was only available in accessibility settings.
- Bubble columns
- Affect projectiles as expected.
- Can now be placed in all orientations.
- Crimson and warped roots
- Now require shears to drop.
- Various non-solid blocks
- No longer block projectiles.[more information needed]
- No longer place their held blocks onto bedrock.
- This is to prevent them from placing blocks on the bedrock ceiling, allowing mobs to spawn.
- Now attempt to pathfind to, and stay in lava.
- Strider jockeys
- The zombified piglin riding a strider now spawns holding a warped fungus on a stick.
- Now lose their job sites when changing dimensions.
- The Soul Speed boost is now kept when jumping and when the soul block is covered by non-full blocks, such as slabs.
- Now use the same folder pattern in data packs as other resources: namespace/<type>/resource.json.
- Minor changes to some glyphs.
- 29 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-73884 – Throwable projectiles get destroyed at contact with non-solid blocks.
- MC-96007 – Arrows, trident, projectiles, splash, and lingering potions cannot be teleported from directly above the end portal, end gateway, or nether portal.
- MC-102967 – Shulker bullets cannot teleport through a nether or end portal.
- MC-125758 – Bubble column does not affect eggs, snowballs, ender pearls, splash potions, lingering potions, fireballs, or shulker bullets.
- MC-158987 – Raids still continue after a villager turns into a witch.
- MC-163767 – Villagers get ejected from a minecart when converted to a zombie villager.
- MC-167045 – Banners are rendered too dark in the inventory.
- MC-175334 – Villagers take longer to get a job the more workstations are nearby.
- MC-185490 – Separated trader llamas on leads cause server performance (TPS) issues.
- From 1.16
- MC-174469 – Soul Speed does not work when jumping.
- MC-174574 – Soul Speed does not work when slabs and blocks of similar height are placed above the soul sand block.
- MC-176015 – Strider suffocates when player is saddled on it and looking up with warped fungus on a stick.
- MC-176034 – Players can walk on striders.
- MC-177651 – Despite being cold outside of lava, striders do not care about staying in lava.
- MC-178061 – Chat Delay option does not exist in Chat settings.
- MC-182330 – Crossbow-wielding piglins behave weirdly when they try to pursue invisible players.
- MC-187398 – Smithing table and stonecutter recipes are not unlocked when used.
- MC-187904 – Data packs cannot replace settings of vanilla dimensions during world creation.
- MC-189414 – Smithing table does not calculate the amount of output items correctly.
- MC-189797 – Hoglins, zoglins, melee piglins, and piglin brutes do not properly attack invisible entities within a normal range.
- MC-191168 – Piglins that convert into zombified piglins while sitting on a minecart sometimes sink into blocks.
- From 1.16.1
- MC-192032 – Villagers do not always try to claim the closest workstation, and are sometimes focused on a non-existent one, or one out of their reach.
- MC-193213 – Leads are positioned incorrectly on players and wandering traders.
- MC-195062 – Raids often will not end in defeat when all villagers are dead if there are job sites in the village.
- MC-195544 – Game crashes after killing a mob that is being ridden by a guardian which is being ridden by a wither skeleton.
- MC-196737 – Crouching to avoid falling does not work with lanterns.
- From the 1.16.2 development versions
- MC-194263 – Large End cities do not generate correctly, and get cut off.
- MC-194299 – Template pools fail to load via datapack.
- MC-194845 – Subspace Bubble advancement cannot be completed with 7km distance.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.16.2 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, July 29, 2020