Java Edition 1.15 Pre-release 1
November 21, 2019
1.15 Pre-release 1 (known as 1.15-pre1 in the launcher) is the first pre-release for Java Edition 1.15, released on November 21, 2019, which optimized some aspects of the game, upgrades the resource pack version and fixes bugs.
- Increased scaffolding burn time when used as fuel in a furnace to be able to smelt 2 items, rather than 0.25.
- Zombie pigmen spawn eggs can now be used on adult zombie pigmen to spawn baby variants.
- The resource pack version is now 5 (due to texture mechanic changes in earlier snapshots).
- The game now tries to make out of date resource packs work as much as possible.
- The game can convert some of version 4 resource packs' outdated texture mechanics to the new mechanics.
- Changed appearance of highlighted buttons used in menu screen and similar UIs.
- Highlighted buttons now have a white outline.
- Highlighted buttons no longer have a blue tint on them. Instead, they are now only slightly brighter than unhighlighted buttons.
- 58 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-5336 – Bonus chest does not always spawn on 'Snowy Kingdom' preset.
- MC-12211 – Comparator in subtraction mode does not update visually under certain conditions.
- MC-14826 – Leads in unloaded chunks break, become invisible or connect to an invisible target far away.
- MC-63669 – Comparator timing issue.
- MC-77652 – Falling Block does not have uniform transparency/non-transparency in the End.
- MC-90602 – Chunks do not load correctly/not rendering.
- MC-94838 – Comparator affected through gap.
- MC-112292 – Texture for blocks using
TileEntitySpecialRendereris not bound for a short moment when entering a world and in superflat settings.
- MC-125495 – Owner tag of item entities are ignored if entity is destroyed in 200 ticks (Age >= 5800).
- MC-125511 – Item entity merging ignores
- MC-127005 – Bottom of waterlogged blocks shows water texture.
- MC-135110 – Crash when using outdated resource pack: Non [a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location.
- MC-146327 – Reloading resource pack unsticks held item position.
- MC-147241 – Recipe grouping pop-up is darker than it should be.
- MC-151275 – Rain and snow turns gray when picking up arrows.
- MC-161132 – Leaves are considered solid faces for block placement.
- MC-163308 – Pillagers still spawning in trees in 1.14.4.
- MC-164896 – Chests, boats, and beds are not shown behind dropped stained glass.
- MC-165524 – Zombie pigman spawn eggs used on zombie pigmen do not spawn baby zombie pigmen.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-160931 – 1.15 chunk rendering is slow and laggy.
- MC-161844 – Resource pack version has not been increased, despite resource packs from 1.15 snapshots being incompatible with 1.14 resource packs.
- MC-161900 – Advancement menu background is rendered in front of toasts.
- MC-163369 – Summoning a leash knot using the command is broken.
- MC-163553 – Dragon texture flickering issue.
- MC-163560 – Berry bushes no longer slow down the player.
- MC-163745 – Dramatic speed up after falling through a cobweb.
- MC-163947 – When mobs sliding down honey blocks, the subtitles will show footsteps.
- MC-163953 –
/fillcommand does not create block entities for all bocks.
- MC-163982 – Semi-transparent entities are rendered behind clouds, transparent blocks, breaking animations, etc.
- MC-164076 – Transparent texture parts of invisible entities are rendered black when looking at them in spectator mode.
- MC-164535 – /playsound uses wrong feedback message for multiple targets.
- MC-165133 – Ignited TNT appears to offset one block to the west.
- MC-165134 – Entities are rendered too dark when in the ground.
- MC-165153 – Breaking animation no longer renders behind transparent blocks.
- MC-165154 – Entities riding boats, minecarts or other entities are rendered too dark when their hitbox intersects solid blocks.
- MC-165155 – Block hitboxes no longer render behind transparent blocks.
- MC-165156 – Transparent block items no longer render behind transparent blocks.
- MC-165173 – Bees immediately enter their nests/hives after leaving them.
- MC-165225 – Dropped items do not render behind transparent blocks.
- MC-165252 – Banners are rendered completely white when looking at them through transparent blocks.
- MC-165276 – Items held by entities do not render through transparent blocks.
- MC-165298 – Entities are rendered too dark when standing on soul sand or snow layers.
- MC-165339 – Shulker boxes do not render behind transparent blocks.
- MC-165358 – Entities are sometimes rendered too dark when changing heights.
- MC-165422 – Some player heads will only render behind tinted glass if you look at a block.
- MC-165497 – Programmer art shield pattern textures have not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-165527 – Item of advancement pop up is visible on text in the advancement menu.
- MC-165531 – Conduit does not render.
- MC-165573 – Filled item frames do not show the item when viewed through glass.
- From the previous development version
- MC-165605 – Command starting with
/in command block shows error but still works.
- MC-165606 – "Bee Our Guest" advancement is only triggered when more than one bottle is in the players hand while right-clicking the hive.
- MC-165611 – Enchantment glint does not render in boat interior.
- MC-165627 – Falling blocks glitch through shulkers when the shulker is opening/closing.
- MC-165667 – Hitbox of entities is not rendered through transparent blocks when viewing from certain angles
- MC-165676 – Aquatic mobs do not move below sea level.
- MC-165727 – Falling blocks on top of non-full block without block below do not break.
- MC-165789 – Under certain circumstances mob body parts don't render underwater.
- MC-165876 – Sand particles do not have gravity anymore.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Like the third to seventh pre-releases, but unlike the second one, this version name has a lowercase "r" in-game.
- "Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, November 21, 2019