Java Edition 1.15 Pre-Release 2
Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 2
November 25, 2019
- Added new
- Setting the respawn point by using a bed now shows the message "Respawn point set" in chat.
- Now suffocates mobs.
- Upgraded data pack version to 5.
- Chunk loading performance calculations were tweaked.
- Further changes to the appearance of highlighted buttons used in menu screen and similar UIs.
- Highlighted buttons now have white text on them instead of yellow.
- Brightness of highlighted buttons are now slightly less bright. The white outline is unchanged.
- 37 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-19413 – Horses try to "finish" pathfinding when interrupted by a player riding it.
- MC-33285 – Summoning slimes with custom
maxHealthattributes does not work.
- MC-83003 – Barrier particles are not visible if the barrier block is in the off-hand.
- MC-83051 – Spectral arrows, potion arrows, and Channeling tridents apply effects to endermen.
- MC-94421 – Shooting an enderman with a bow and arrow or trident will play arrow or trident collision sounds and subtitles.
- MC-94491 – Pressing Esc in world settings returns to the main menu instead of the world list.
- MC-112850 – Items with an empty
AttributeModifiertag spam the console.
- MC-122135 – Several GUIs are not closed when pressing Esc.
- MC-124280 – Using fire charges on TNT in Creative mode consumes the fire charge.
- MC-129781 – A trident will hit the ground after hitting an enderman.
- MC-133348 – Wrong position of elder guardian effect while swimming.
- MC-140825 – Structure palette variant selection looks faulty.
- MC-144608 – Reloading a shader with modified vert/frag files will not update it.
- MC-147865 – The elder guardian particle is displayed too high, over the player's head.
- MC-149928 – Soul sand can not suffocate mobs.
- MC-155591 – Foxes can spawn in the giant spruce taiga, but not in the giant tree taiga.
- MC-157212 – Trusted fox hostile AI seems to be broken; foxes only defend players from mobs that shoot arrows, but ignore mobs that use melee attacks or projectile entities that are not arrows.
- MC-162531 – The player sneaks while sleeping if there is a lantern two blocks above the bed.
- MC-166590 – Sweet berry bushes do not generate in any type of giant tree taiga biomes.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-163234 – Flying near the top of honey blocks or soul sand in Creative slows down flight speed.
- MC-163411 – All entities but players and items do not produce particles when sliding down honey blocks.
- MC-163665 – Cooldown overlay is solid white.
- MC-163776 – Items thrown at the side of a honey block will keep their horizontal trajectory despite slower speed.
- MC-163942 – Name tag in mini horse inventory model does not billboard properly.
- MC-164163 – Glowing mobs stop glowing when invisible.
- MC-164305 – Elder guardian particle is no longer transparent.
- MC-164368 – Traveling back from the Nether creates a new portal in a random location.
- MC-164706 – The Nausea effect makes the breaking animation render incorrectly.
- MC-165242 – Hand animation is shown when trying to use a fire charge in water.
- MC-165515 – Smooth lighting does not work for beds and double chests.
- MC-165547 – Lighting of player and entities changes with the nausea effect.
- MC-165586 – Creeper and lit TNT flashing is different than before.
- MC-165750 – Falling sand drop with half in the air because of the ID box.
- From the previous development version
- MC-165959 – Incorrectly sized textures cause mipmap levels to drop.
- MC-166004 – Getting too close to an end gateway causes the game to crash.
- MC-166068 – Default texture of
minecraft:entity/conduit/open_eyecauses mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 when using the Programmer Art texture pack.
- MC-166097 – The maximum height of 1×1 jungle tree is 10 instead of 12.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike the surrounding pre-releases, the "r" in the word "pre-release" is capitalized, like how it was in 1.14.x pre-releases.
- "Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, November 25, 2019
- "Forgot to add to the changelog of 1.15-pre2 that berry bushes and foxes should appear in /every/ taiga biome variant now!" – @Cojomax99 on Twitter, November 27, 2019