Adventure Update (Part 2)
November 18, 2011
November 13, 2011
1.0.0 (known as 1.0 in the launcher), the second part of the Adventure Update, and the first full version of the game, was released on November 18, 2011, during MINECON 2011, marking the game as officially released after two and a half years (916 days) of development. This version adds brewing, enchanting, the End, hardcore mode, breeding and more. It is the last version of Minecraft Markus Persson developed before he gave creative development to Jens Bergensten.
Initially named "Beta 1.9", Mojang Studios instead opted to release this update under the name "Minecraft 1.0.0", but this decision was made after development versions tagged as Beta 1.9 were already released, so all pre-releases for this version are labeled as "Beta 1.9".
- Used to brew potions.
- Can be filled with a water bucket.
- Generate after the ender dragon is killed.
- When an entity makes contact with it, they teleport into the end or back to the overworld respectively.
- Generates in strongholds.
- Used to generate end portals when activated.
- Cannot be broken in survival mode.
- Similar to cobblestone, but more resistant.
- Generates in the End dimension.
- Cannot be destroyed by the ender dragon.
- Spawns in Swamps
- Generates in mushroom island biomes.
- Makes up Nether Fortresses.
- Generates naturally in Nether Fortress
- Can be used to craft eyes of ender and magma cream.
- Ingredient for brewing potions.
- Crafted from blaze rods
- Drops from blazes.
- Ingredient to brewing potions.
- Activates ender portal frames.
- Can be used to find strongholds.
- Crafted from blaze powder and ender pearls
- Ingredient for brewing potions.
- Can be used to collect water, turning it into a water bottle.
- Ingredient for brewing potions.
- Drops from zombie pigmen.
- Can be used for brewing.
- Provide status effects after drinking.
- Drop from spiders.
- Ingredient for brewing negative potions.
- Created by brewing an existing potion with gunpowder.
- Like potions, but can be thrown and have a splash effect after hitting something.
- Passive mob.
- A mushroom covered variant of the cow.
- Can be milked for mushroom stew and sheared for its mushrooms, but will revert back to a regular cow if sheared.
- Exclusive to the rare mushroom island biome, being the only mob that naturally spawns there.
- Hostile Nether mob.
- Flies and throws fireballs at players.
- Immune to fire damage.
- Weak to water and snowballs.
- Can be crafted by placing two snow blocks vertically and a pumpkin on top.
- Melts in hot biomes.
- Spreads snow around when it walks.
- Passive to the player, but throws snowballs at enemies.
- Has the same mob AI as pigs.
- They have professions.
- Spawns in NPC villages.
- Frozen Ocean
- Generates as an ocean with a solid layer of ice at the surface.
- Frozen River
- Only generates within ice plains biomes.
- Ice Mountains
- A mountainous variation of ice plains.
- Ice Plains
- Re-added into the game.
- Same as old tundras, but now has a different name, and now contains tall grass and oak trees.
- Mushroom Island
- Mushroom Island Shore
- A variation of mushroom islands.
- The End
- End Portal Room
- Nether Fortress
- Generates in the Nether.
- Blazes spawn here.
- Wheat attracts and feed animals.
- Feeding animals makes them enter "love mode".
- Hearts will come out of animals while in love mode.
- Breeding will produce baby animals.
- Smaller versions of the parents with large heads that have faster movement and higher-pitched sounds.
- Produces potions.
- Can now give armor, tools, and weapons special properties.
- Two of the same tools/weapons that are damaged in crafting will create one repaired tool/weapon.
- Added DIAMONDS!, We Need to Go Deeper, Return to Sender, Into Fire, Local Brewery, The End?, The End., Enchanter, Overkill and Librarian.
- Hardcore mode
- Locks the difficulty to Hard and forces users to delete the world's save data upon death.
- The health bar changes appearance to indicate the game is in Hardcore mode.
- Video Settings
- Added "Clouds" setting, which can be used to enable/disable clouds.
- Added "Particles" setting
- "All", rendering all particle effects.
- "Decreased", rendering half of all particle effects.
- "Minimal", rendering no particle effects (except for those created when breaking blocks).
- New settings:
- Added new splashes:
- "Made by Jeb!"
- "Has an ending!"
- "Finally complete!"
- "Feature packed!"
- "Boots with the fur!"
- "Stop, hammertime!"
- "Homeomorphic to a 3-sphere!"
- "Doesn't avoid double negatives!"
- "Place ALL the blocks!"
- "Does barrel rolls!"
- "Meeting expectations!"
- "PC gaming since 1873!"
- "Ghoughpteighbteau tchoghs!"
- "Déjà vu!"
- "Déjà vu!"[note 1]
- "Got your nose!"
- "Haley loves Elan!"
- "Afraid of the big, black bat!"
- "Doesn't use the U-word!"
- "Child's play!"
- "See you next Friday or so!"
- "From the streets of Södermalm!"
- "150 bpm for 400000 minutes!"
- "Funk soul brother!"
- "Pumpa kungen!"
- No longer spawns monsters when the player is sleeping.
- Instead, trying to sleep when monsters are around displays a message saying You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby.
- When destroyed, drops 3 books.
- Changed the top texture from to as a result of the new planks texture.
- Can now be smelted to obtain coal.
- Are now mined faster using pickaxes.
- New sounds
- Changed the texture from to as a result of the new planks texture.
- Now connect to solid blocks
- No longer blocks players from moving onto their space.
- Players can now stand next to them, similar to glass panes and iron bars.
- Fire above bedrock in The End will now burn forever.
- Texture changed from to .
- Changed material type from "glass" to "stone".
- A pickaxe is now needed to drop items.
- Redstone, torches, levers, etc. can now be placed on the block.
- No longer acts as a redstone vertical (downward) diode.
- Can now be smelted to obtain lapis lazuli.
- When flowing lava hits a water source directly from above, it creates stone.
- Previously, lava would flow through the water.
- If lava is above a ceiling that is a single block thick, particles of lava will drip through, provided the player is within 13 blocks of the ceiling.
- To offset the advantage of pickaxes mining stone-related blocks faster, their "hardness" value has been changed from 10 to 50.
- This means that their mining time has been decreased from 15 to 10 seconds.
- Can now be smelted to obtain redstone dust.
- Is now mined faster using pickaxes.
- Every type of tall grass now has their own name:
- The dead bush variant is now called "Shrub".
- The fern variant is now called "Fern".
- The normal variant keeps the same name ("Tall Grass").
- If water is above a ceiling that is a single block thick, particles of the water will drip through, provided the player is within 13 blocks of the ceiling.
- now plays when an item that can break, breaks.
- Now break all (previously only a few) wood-related blocks faster than by hand.
- Appears larger in third person view when held.
- No longer need arrows for ammo in Creative mode.
- No longer have an infinite number of uses (385 shots before breaking).
- Changed how full charged bows behave.
- Full charged bows now deals 9 damage, with a rare chance of dealing 10.
- Added additional bow sounds.
- Can now be used to craft eyes of ender.
- Now are able to be thrown.
- The player will teleport to the Ender pearl's impact location, but take 2 and 1/2 hearts of fall damage.
- Unable to be thrown in creative mode.
- Now has a glint in the inventory (Looks enchanted).
- Is now drinkable.
- Drinking milk resets all potion effects currently afflicted upon the player.
- Can now break all (previously only a few) stone-related blocks faster than by hand, including:
- Can now be used as a brewing ingredient.
- Can now be brewed in a water bottle to create a mundane potion.
- Now extends the potions of Fire Resistance, Slowness, Swiftness, Poison, Weakness, and Strength.
- Redstone placed alone now have a "•" shape rather than "+".
- Added shear sounds.
- Now mine soul sand faster than by hand.
- Now deal less damage:
- Now drop 0-1 spider eye.
- Now have 12 × 6.
- Amount of blocks able to be carried by endermen is now limited (see here for the list of blocks).
- True sounds of Endermen are added, and its zombie placeholder is removed.
- Now have 10.
- Can now be killed by their own fireballs.
- Now drop 0-1 ghast tears.
- Now have 8.
- True sounds of silverfish are added.
- Improved walking sounds.
- Now spawn on levels 0-40 rather than 0-16, making them much more common.
- Big slimes (size +4 slimes) have deeper jump sounds.
- Now drop 0-1 spider eye.
- Now have 16 × 8.
- Now have 20 × 10 and 2 ().
- Entities under a status effect will produce swirl particles.
- Random "altar" loot chests now generate.
- Armor system
- New/improved system.
- Increased armor durability.
- Now moves the player's arm, rather than the sword floating right in front of the player.
- Amount of experience orbs dropped by players on death now limited.
- A proper score is given based on how many experience orbs players have collected.
- Old death sound removed
- Can be used for enchantments.
- Each experience orb is worth one score point.
- Slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button.
- Players no longer bounce between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces.
- Toggling third-person view twice now switches the camera to the front of the player, while it now takes a third press of F5 to switch back into first-person view.[note 3]
- The version number at the top-left corner is displayed only in the debug screen again.
- Active status effects now appear in the inventory as sprites.
- Item tooltips
- Labels for items have a blue border
- Font color for rare items (golden apples and music discs) are now pink.
- "Mods and Texture Packs" button changed to "Texture Packs".
- Added "Minceraft" easter egg.
- Now rise in the east and set in the west.
- Added moon phases.
- Changed some splashes:
- "OpenGL 1.1!" to "OpenGL 1.2!".
- "Coming soon!" to "It's here!".
- "When it's finished!" to "It's finished!".
- "That's not a moon!" to "That's no moon!".
- "Absolutely dragon free!" to "Kind of dragon free!".
- "Superfragilisticexpialidocious!" to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!".
- "Tyrian would love it!" to "Tyrion would love it!".
- ""Noun" is an autonym!" to ""Autological" is!".
- The player can reload the texture pack by pressing F3 + T.
- Originally, this update was planned to be released as Beta 1.9, but after a few pre-releases were pushed out, it was decided that 1.0.0 would be the version name, and to push the release date back to during MINECON 2011.
- The 2014 April Fools joke references the version villagers were implemented in as Beta 1.9, even though they were technically a 1.0.0 implementation.
- Aside from marking the "true" release of the game, this update is notable for being the last update to be developed by Notch before he left the Minecraft team.
- This update breaks the naming conventions for top-level release updates. For example, were it to follow the same naming scheme as 1.0.0, 1.1 would be "1.1.0", 1.2 would be "1.2.0", etc. This format is, however, used in Bedrock Edition.
- 1.0.0 was the only version with release candidates until 1.16.
- 1.0.0 is the last major update with no snapshots.
- Duplicate intended.
- Now just called Spawner in Java Edition, but still Monster Spawner in Bedrock.
- This change occurred between the last development version for 1.0.0, RC2, and the full release of 1.0.0.
- "Minecraft 1.0" – MCUpdate, 2011, Tumblr