|Also known as||
Jason Major is a former member of the Minecraft Redmond studio and a developer for Bedrock Edition. He has also written a novel. He has helped program over a dozen AAA video games including NBA Live 98, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Halo 2 along with numerous others. He was born and raised in Canada but currently lives in the Seattle area with his wife and two sons.
- Jason contributed major changes to rabbits, which were introduced with the first Bedrock Edition rabbits for Alpha 0.13, and later ported to Java Edition 1.9.
- During a game jam, Jason first came up with the stray, among a bunch of other mobs – Jeb "thought these particular ones fitted really well with what we were already planning [for Java Edition 1.10]" 
- Root beer is one of his favorite drinks and he usually has some in glass bottles by his desk.
- He occasionally joins the official Minecraft livestreams and he was present on the livestream where the dyeable beds were previewed
- "My first novel is now available to nominate on Kindle Scout. By nominating you may earn a free copy from Amazon!!! https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3OHQ2ZMCKVKQU" – @argo_major (Jason Major) on Twitter, April 19, 2016
- "Good Monday! @argo_major's rabbit improvements (for MC:PE) have now been added back to MC:PC, and will be included in the next snapshot" – @jeb_ (Jens Bergensten) on Twitter, November 9, 2015
- " Watching Minecon last weekend was weird for me as it is the last one where I was a member of the Minecraft team. After ~7 years of working on Minecraft, yesterday was my last day. Excited about the opportunities that are in front of me but it’s hard not to be a little sad." – @argo_major (Jason Major) on Twitter, October 23, 2021
- They’re based on a concept that emerged from a game jam the Bellevue team had, where they were just adding a bunch of stuff to Minecraft - whatever they wanted. Jason Major made a bunch of cool mobs and I thought these particular ones fitted really well with what we were already planning. So we added them! – Jens Bergensten, December 16, 2016