Iron is a material found in the overworld. It spawns naturally in iron ore, which drops raw iron, then the raw iron can be smelted into iron ingots. The iron ingots can be crafted into blocks, items, tools, and armor.
Blocks and items
- Iron Ore − An ore found underground. Drops raw iron.
- Deepslate Iron Ore − A variant found in the deepslate layer of the world.
- Raw Iron − An item that drops from iron ore when mined; it can be smelted into iron ingots.
- Iron Ingot − An item created by smelting raw iron, used for crafting tools, weapons, etc.
- Iron Nugget − An item obtained by smelting iron tools, weapons, or armor in a furnace. It can also be gotten from bartering. Fill a crafting table with it to make an Iron Ingot.
- Block of Raw Iron − A block used for compact raw iron storage.
- Block of Iron − A block used for compact iron storage, to spawn iron golems, and to create the base/pyramid for a beacon.
- Iron Bars − A block similar to glass panes but is more blast-resistant.
- Iron − An element included in the Bedrock Edition and Education Edition.
- Iron Trapdoor − A trapdoor that has to be activated by redstone like iron doors.
- Iron Door − A door that has to be activated by redstone like iron trapdoors.
- Activator Rail − A type of rail that can "activate" certain minecarts.
- Blast Furnace − A block that smelts ores, raw metals, iron armor, and tools, similar to a furnace, but at twice the rate. It also serves as an armorer's job site block.
- Anvil − A block that allows players to repair items, rename items, and combine enchantments.
- Cauldron − A block that can hold water, lava, and powder snow.
- Chain − A metallic decoration block.
- Detector Rail − A block that can transport minecarts and can be used as a switchable redstone power source.
- Heavy Weighted Pressure Plate − Just like any other pressure plates, sends out a redstone signal around it if a player steps on it.
- Hopper − A block that can be used to catch item entities, or to transfer items into and out of containers.
- Minecart − A train-like vehicle entity that runs on rails.
- Piston − A block capable of pushing blocks, players, and mobs when given a redstone pulse.
- Sticky Piston − A block with the same function as a piston but can also pull the block on its face back when it retracts
- Rail − A non-solid block that provides a path along which minecarts can travel.
- Stonecutter − can be used to craft stone-related blocks in smaller and more precise quantities than crafting. It also serves as a stone mason's job site block.
- Tripwire Hook − A block that can be used to detect entities (players, mobs, items, etc.) when part of a tripwire circuit is passed through.
Mobs and entities
- Iron Golem − a neutral mob, that protects villagers or the player that spawned them. If spawned by villagers and a player hits a villager or the Iron Golem, the iron golem targets the player. An iron golem drops 3-5 Iron Ingot when killed.
- Zombie − Zombies are common mobs that have a 0.83% chance to drop an iron ingot when killed.