| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help Minecraft Wiki bythe page.
Hoglins spawn in herds of 4 in crimson forest biomes and may respawn over time. 25% of them will spawn as babies.
Hoglins will attack the player on sight, flinging them into the air. Baby hoglins also attack but deal less damage and do not fling the player. Hoglins will not attack the player when standing near warped fungus, running up to seven blocks away. Though baby hoglins flee when hit, all hoglins have high knockback resistance. Adult Hoglins will also try to attack Armour Stands.
Adult piglins will attempt to hunt and kill hoglins. Adult hoglins will also be hostile towards piglins.
If a hoglin is brought to the overworld, it will start shivering and turn into a zoglin after 15 seconds, or 300 game ticks.
- On Easy, an adult Hoglin does 1 - 2.5 hearts of damage.
- On Normal, an adult Hoglin does 1.5 - 4 hearts of damage.
- On Hard, an adult hoglin does 2 - 1 x 6 hearts of damage.
- On every difficulty, a Hoglin piglet (you could call it a Hoglet) does 0.5 hearts of damage.
Upon death, a hoglin will drop leather and raw porkchop. If they die burning, they would drop cooked porkchops. Adult Hoglins drop experience points, 2 to 4 raw porkchops, and 0 to 2 leather when killed. However, baby Hoglins only drop experience points.
- They are the fourth mob to be derived from pigs, including the unreleased pigman.
- They used to be called "Piglin Beasts" as a placeholder name before being named hoglins by the community.
- This is similar to the ravager originally being called "Illager Beast" before the name was chosen by the community.
- Hoglins are the only hostile mobs, other than the unused Killer Bunny, that can be bred.
- Baby hoglins are the only baby mobs that grow up that drop experience when killed.
- Piglins have a 10% chance to celebrate after killing a hoglin.
- They do some knockback damage to the player and piglins when they attack with their tusks, but they do not take much knockback themselves. Netherite armor will be very useful against a hoglin because Netherite armor greatly reduces the amount of knockback received.
- Hoglins, Endermen, Piglins, Skeletons, Spiders and Cave Spider]s (due to them spawning as part of the Wither Skeleton Jockey), Chickens (due to them spawning as part of the Zombified Piglin Jockey) are the only Nether mobs that are not immune to fire or lava.