|Catches fire from lava||
Glowing obsidian is an unobtainable decorative block that emits light.
- Times are for unenchanted tools as wielded by players with no status effects, measured in seconds. For more information, see Breaking § Speed.
Glowing Obsidian can be used for decoration, though add-ons or inventory editors are the only ways to obtain it.
Glowing obsidian emits a light level of 12.
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Form||Item ID[i 1]||Translation key|
|tile.glowingobsidian.name||Block & Ungiveable Item[i 2]||Identical[i 3]|
- ID of block's direct item form, which is used in savegame files and addons.
- Unavailable with
- The block's direct item form has the same id with the block.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|v0.5.0||Added glowing obsidian.|
|Glowing obsidian is generated from the conversion of the blocks that make up the reactor (nether reactor core, cobblestone and gold blocks) upon activation.|
|Glowing obsidian cannot be retrieved as a drop, instead regular obsidian is dropped.|
|Glowing obsidian takes the same amount of time to mine as obsidian using any pickaxe.|
|Glowing obsidian is a solid block that emits a light level of 12.|
|Glowing obsidian emits red smoke particles within proximity to it so long as it exists.|
|Glowing obsidian turns into obsidian after a short amount of time.|
|Glowing obsidian has the same blast resistance as normal obsidian.|
|If the nether reactor core is mined out while the nether reactor was active, the glowing obsidian won't turn into obsidian after the reactor is deactivated. This is also caused by the reactor to stop spawning items. If the gold blocks are mined out before they change to glowing obsidian, the gold blocks are preserved, and the nether reactor continues spawning items.|
|v0.7.1||Wooden and stone pickaxes no longer make glowing obsidian yield obsidian.|
|v0.7.3||Glowing obsidian now requires a diamond pickaxe to mine (iron pickaxes no longer drop glowing obsidian).|
|v0.8.0||build 2||Glowing obsidian no longer has a red background in the inventory due to changes with how inventory icons are generated.|
|v0.12.1||build 1||Glowing Obsidian can no longer be obtained, though any existing blocks remain.|
|?||Glowing obsidian now drops itself when mined, instead of normal obsidian.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added glowing obsidian.|
Glowing obsidian is an unsupported block, and as such, issues relating to them may not be fixed.
- Glowing obsidian makes an appearance in Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two, spawning around the observer when Jesse places the structure block and on the bottom of the obsidian cages Vos was in.
- Glowing obsidian has no name assigned to it, so its in-game name appears as
- Despite this, it can be assigned a custom name using a resource pack with a language file.
Glowing obsidian being mined with an iron pickaxe in version 0.7.1.