When empty, glass bottles can be stacked in a player's inventory. After being filled with water, the water bottle can be used in the brewing process. After using a Brewing Stand, a bottle will contain the potion that has been brewed. If a player drinks the potion/water/honey, it will return as an empty bottle. However, if the bottle is thrown (as a splash or lingering potion), the bottle will be lost in the process. It can be obtained by fishing.
As mentioned, glass bottles can contain potions. To start making a potion, one must fill a bottle with water. This can be done with a water-filled Cauldron, or at any source of Water by right-clicking while the glass bottle is equipped. Afterward, a player must place up to three water bottles in a brewing stand with one ingredient, such as Nether Wart. If Gunpowder is added to the potion, it will convert to a Splash Potion and can be thrown at other players or mobs.
|x3 Glass Bottle|
- Witches sometimes drop empty glass bottles when killed. They may also drop bottles filled with water when killed. This makes glass bottles a renewable resource.
- If a player is on Fire, and they drink a bottle of water, the fire will be extinguished.
- Cleric Villagers will buy glass bottles in exchange for Emeralds.
- When put in a Dispenser next to a block of Water, a water bottle will be filled after the dispenser is activated.
- Water Bottles can also be obtained through fishing.