Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
For a guide about all the additions and changes in this update, see Bedrock Edition guides/Friendly Update.
The official name for the update, the Friendly Update, was revealed on June 3, 2016 in a blog post on the Mojang website.
Main article: Pocket Edition v0.15.0 alpha
- Realms, which requires logging into an Xbox Live account
- Achievements for iOS and Android devices
- Online multiplayer via Xbox Live
- Pig riding
- Pistons and sticky pistons
- The observer, a block update detector.
- Sheep now drop mutton.
- Tipped arrows, which are made by using cauldrons
- Leather horse armor, which can be dyed.
- Seven new mobs: horses, mules, donkeys, skeleton traps, zombie horses, strays, and husks.
- Name tags
- Fire charges
- Carrot on a stick
- Villages now spawn in taiga biomes and ice plains biomes.
- Trapdoors no longer require supporting blocks.
- Shears now lose durability when breaking any block.
- For performance, online multiplayer now uses less bandwidth.
- Villages in savanna biomes now use acacia wood.
- Alpha v0.15.1, Alpha v0.15.2, Alpha v0.15.3, and Alpha v0.15.4 fixed numerous bugs and crashes.
- Alpha v0.15.6 added some features specific for virtual reality, and also fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha v0.15.4.
- Alpha v0.15.7, Alpha v0.15.8, Alpha v0.15.9, and Alpha v0.15.10 added various texture packs and skin packs.