Fire Resistance is a Status Effect which grants a player temporary immunity to heat-related sources of damage, such as Fire, Lava, or a Blaze's fireball attacks. It has a strange orange color. However, it will not douse the fire from a player, so if the effect runs out while a player is burning, they will start taking fire damage. This is one of the most useful status effects to have while exploring the Nether. When the player goes into a fire source, they will catch on fire but not take damage.
Like all status effects, it can be removed by drinking milk.
This status effect can be gained from the following sources:
- Potion of Fire Resistance
- Arrow of Fire Resistance
- Enchanted Golden Apple
- Splash Potions of Fire Resistance
- Lingering Potions of Fire Resistance
- Totem of Undying (console edition only)
- You can get an achievement from standing in lava with the Fire Resistance effect on, called "Staying Frosty."