| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help bythe page.
A Fire Charge is an item that was introduced in Minecraft 1.2.1. When right-clicked, the block selected will burn, even if it is not flammable. Fire charges may also be shot from a Dispenser, in which case it acts like a Blaze fireball, flying in a straight line with random aim and placing fire to any block or entity it hits (though there is no explosive effect).
Fire charges, compared with Flint and Steel, are renewable, but they require the player to gather its most important ingredient, blaze powder, which can only be obtained by killing Blazes. Gunpowder is also needed to make this item, but it can easily be obtained by killing Ghasts or Creepers. Coal or Charcoal is also required, but charcoal can be obtained by smelting Wood in a Furnace. Fire charges can also activate TNT, whether fired from a dispenser or by hand.
| Fire Charge|
- Ghasts shoot the fire charge's sprite, but the item itself doesn't have the explosive effect. However, it will still light the target on fire and deal damage.
- Like flint and steel, right-clicking on a Nether Portal with a fire charge will activate the portal.
- Flint and steel is more preferred than a fire charge.
- Despite being round like a snowball or egg, fire charges will stack up to 64 just like a slimeball could.
- A Fire Charge inserted into a Dispenser will launch the fire charge foward. If the Fire Charge never ends up hitting anything, it will go flying forever.
- Fire Charges are used to make Firework stars, which have a recolored sprite.