| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help bythe page.
Farmland is a block that is created when a hoe is used on dirt via ( on console editions). The farmland block needs to be within at least a 4×4 radius from a water supply so that the farmland gets hydrated and Seeds grow faster. When the farmland block is next to water, it soon turns to a dark brown, indicating it is moist. If the block is not hydrated, farmland will quickly revert into dirt. When a farmland block is broken, dirt is returned.
- Jumping on farmland will result in it turning back to dirt, and any plants growing on it will turn back into seeds.
- Also, before 1.1, walking on farmland would result in it being converted to dirt.
- Before 1.2.5, it was possible to obtain farmland through the Silk Touch Enchantment. This was removed in 1.2.5.
- When planting Melon or Pumpkin Seeds, only the stem needs to be on farmland. The product can grow on any adjacent block.
- Farmland that is near water can go one block up from the source whilst still being hydrated.
- Farmland can be made while it is under another block. However, it will turn back into dirt the instant it happens.
- Farmland can be obtained in the inventory through the use of commands or the 'pick block' control.