|Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
- Woodland map - Shows where a woodland mansion is located.
- Ocean map - Shows where an ocean monument is located.
- Treasure map - Shows where a buried treasure is located.
Exploration maps show the direction and distance to the target, based on pointer location and size, respectively. An unexplored map depicts land in white, and water in brown. If a player is outside the bounds of the map, they appear as a white circle at the edge of the map. The smaller the circle, the farther the player is from the area the map covers. When a player enters the area covered by the map, it will gradually be "colored in", as the player explores the area. The color-in represents chunk generation around a player. The circle will also change into a directional arrow. Woodland mansions and ocean monuments appear as brown or blue structure icons, while treasure locations appear as a red X.
- While exploration maps show the locations of either woodland mansions or ocean monuments, it may not show the closest corresponding structure. This is possible, for example, to pass multiple Ocean Monuments before the player gets to the Ocean Monument on their map.
- A buried treasure map is much more common than an ocean map or a woodland explorer map.