Entities are objects in Minecraft which often have health points that can be reduced and can move.
List of Entities
- Solid, mobile hitboxes that can move around freely (a.k.a. Mobs).
- Dropped items, blocks, and Experience Points.
- Has 0 health, so destroyed instantly when touching cactus, fire or lava.
- Flying projectiles (Eggs, arrows, snowballs)
- Arrows will damage mobs and players. Eggs and snowballs will break on contact, arrows will break if it hits a mob/player. Eggs have a chance of spawning a chicken.
- Evocation Fangs
- Summoned by evokers as one of their attack methods. The spikes(fangs) spawn in two circles if a player is close by, or in a straight line. Otherwise, the inner spikes(fangs) snap shut before the outer ones.
- Fishing rod
- Will catch a fish in water and will pull mobs towards the player with the rod. The head of the fishing rod's name is 'Unknown'.
- Falling/no-longer supported blocks
- Paintings, Item Frames, Armor Stands, and Ender Crystals are also entities. However, they are immobile and are aligned to the block grid.
- Doors, beds, and other objects larger than a single block are truly groups of adjacent blocks.
- Technical Blocks, sometimes called block entities, are blocks with data tags (brewing stands, command blocks, chests, etc.).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.