End Stone (also known as Death Stone, White Stone, Ender Stone, Dark Stone, and Dragon Stone) is a block only found in The End and has a texture similar to that of a beehive or yellow cobblestone. End stone is only obtainable with a Pickaxe. In the End, players can make an unbreakable shelter because the Ender Dragon cannot destroy end stone, but it will break anything a player has placed inside as it phases through. It is mainly used as expensive decorations or Creeper-resistant houses. End Stone has one of the highest blast resistances of any block that can be blown up easily (45).
- End stone is the only block (along with obsidian and Bedrock) that cannot be destroyed by an ender dragon. Endermen cannot pick these up, either.
- In earlier versions of Minecraft, players needed the Silk Touch enchantment to obtain end stone. This was because it would drop cobblestone without the enchantment.
- End stone's texture is actually the same as Cobblestone's texture, but with inverted colors.
- End stone appears to be used in the end portal's frame blocks; the upper half appears to have changed, so Eyes of Ender may fit in them.
- End stone has the 3rd highest blast resistance in normal Minecraft worlds (the second being obsidian and the first being bedrock). It has a higher blast resistance than regular Stone, thus making it ideal in blast resistant structures if obsidian farming is inconvenient.
- End stone's old texture, which was similar to it's current texture except it was white in colour, was added to the game's files in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, but the texture was changed before end stone was introduced as a block in Beta 1.9 pre-release 4.
- When the ender dragon is re-spawned, which is a renewable process, the end stone under the edges of the portal is regenerated, making the block renewable.