This is the list of features that are available exclusively to the Education Edition. This is comparison between the Bedrock and Education editions.
- Tutorial worlds
- Guide players on in-game navigation, crafting, and placing or breaking blocks.
- Includes the World of Chemistry
- Lessons in the game. Try to use that if you can find it
- Downloadable from education.minecraft.net
- 3D Exporting
- Allows players to use their creations in the real world and share them via Remix 3D (remix 3D has now been discontinued)
- Classroom Mode
- A companion app for Minecraft that shows a high-level map view of the world, a list of all the students, the ability for a teacher to teleport students, and a chat window to communicate.
- It is provided for educators who may want to observe student activity without being in the game, and is not needed for students to play.
- Code Builder
- Allows educators and students to explore, create, and play in an immersive Minecraft world – all by writing code.
- Easy Classroom Collaboration
- An entire classroom of up to thirty (30) students can play in a world together with no separate server setup required.
- Students can work together in pairs or groups simply by joining their classmates' world.
- Simple, Secure sign-in
- Individual student and teacher logins with Office 365 Education accounts ensure data privacy & security while playing Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Border[note 1]
- Entities cannot pass over or under border blocks, no matter how far above or below they are.
- Allow Block[note 1]
- Players can build above allow blocks even in worlds where they cannot build otherwise.
- Deny Block[note 1]
- Players cannot build above deny blocks even in worlds where they can build otherwise.
- Chalkboard[note 1]
- Allows creators to communicate learning goals, provide additional information and give explicit instructions within the game.
- It comes in three different sizes – Slate (1×1), Poster (2×1), and Board (2×3).
- Element Constructor[note 1]
- It allows the creation of elements based on their atomic structure with sliders to choose the number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- There are 118 elements from the Periodic Table as well as over 400 stable isotopes.
- Compound Creator[note 1]
- Add elements to the grid and the resulting compound will appear to use.
- There are over 30 compounds that can be created with this tool – from luminol and hydrogen peroxide to charcoal and soap.
- Lab Table[note 1]
- It allows the creation of items by combining elements and compounds in a grid.
- For example, adding water and sodium hypochlorite makes bleach, which a player can use to turn wool white.
- Material Reducer[note 1]
- It reduces a block to its component elements, providing a useful way to explore the elements that make up our environment.
- Since some blocks in Minecraft do not exist in the natural world, there is a "?" element for these to encourage curiosity of learners.
- Heat Block[note 1]
- Melts snow and ice without producing light.
- Underwater TNT[note 1]
- TNT that can damage other blocks underwater.
- Underwater Torch[note 1]
- Torches that can function underwater.
- Colored Torch[note 1]
- Torches that are colored.
- Hardened Glass[note 1]
- Glass blocks that are hardened.
- Hardened Glass Pane[note 1]
- Glass panes that are hardened.
- Elements[note 1]
- Used for creating compounds.
- Allows students to document the development of their projects.
- Contains a picture that can be displayed in an item frame or book.
- NPC Spawn Egg
- Spawns an NPC.
- Agent Spawn Egg
- Spawns an Agent.
- Bleach[note 1]
- A substitute for white dye.
- Ice Bomb[note 1]
- A projectile that freezes water.
- Super Fertilizer[note 1]
- An upgraded form of bone meal.
- Medicine[note 1]
- A type of potion that removes a specified effect.
- Item that emits particles when lit. Available in orange, blue, red, purple, and green colors and can be held in the offhand.
- Glow Stick[note 1]
- Item that can be lit up in the player's hand for a limited time.
- Compounds[note 1]
- Created by combining elements.
- Camera[note 1]
- Allows students to take screenshots of their work.
- When attached to mobs, will levitate them. Will levitate when placed.
- Non-Player Characters[note 1]
- Act as a guide for students in the game, giving instruction, providing more information, and also allowing educators to insert an active web link to additional references.
- Agent[note 1]
- Another type of NPC that can be programmed to perform specific actions