Update Aquatic (Phase 2)
Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android (Beta) – November 12, 2018
1.7.0 (Windows), 1.7.1 (macOS), or 1.7.3 (iPad) was a major update to Education Edition that added features equating to Update Aquatic Phase 2 (1.5.0) for Bedrock. It also includes improved in-game coding, making it also known as the Code Builder Update. This update also added phantoms and barriers.
- Agent Improvements (based on community feedback)
- Remove agents from the world
- Players will be able to show the agent coordinates on the HUD
/summon agentnow creates or teleports the executor’s agent to the executor.
- New command selectors
@cto target the executor’s agent,
@vto target all agents
- Only players with the permission
worldbuilderscan target all agents. By default all users will have
wordbuilderpermissions set to false.
- The usual type filters can also be used to target particular agents, so
/tp @e[type=Agent,name=Steve.Agent] @sfor instance would look through all entities for those of type agent whose name is Steve.Agent and teleport them to the executor. For more of a shorthand you could do
/tp @v[name=Steve.Agent] @sto target a particular person's agent that's not your own
- Added spawn eggs for agents
- Library Beta
- Allows players to view and download worlds in-game without having to go to our website. Players will see a new button on their home screen called "Library" which leads to a list of dynamically generated "must have" worlds
- Added mouse and keyboard control tips to the in-game HUD, to help players learn the how to move, break/place blocks, etc.
- On by default for teachers and off by default for students, and can be configured in the settings menu.
- "How to Play" menu
- Added Education content to the "How to Play" menu.
- Educator Resources
- A button on the home screen (which will show for teachers only) that takes users to a new resource on our website designed to connect them with the latest and greatest training, lessons and community content
- Code Builder can now be used in the game rather than via a separate app. Players will be able to launch code builder using C if you are using a mouse/keyboard or by pressing the agent icon next to pause/chat on the top center of the screen while on touch.
- Code.org and Scratch will not be present at launch in-game. The Code Connection app can still be used to use these applications.
|— Leticia Ahumada, Spain|
|— James Wood, U.S.|
|— Michael Clemens, New Zealand|
|— Trish Cloud, U.S.|
- "What's New: November Release (Version 1.7.1)" (archived) – Minecraft: Education Edition Support.
- "Download the Code Builder Update to Learn Coding in Minecraft" , November 13, 2018.
Update Aquatic (Phase 1)
Code Builder Update
Village & Pillage
Camps & Clubs