|Health Points:||20HP (10x )|
|Attack Strength:||Easy: 4HP (2x )
|Drops:||Rotten Flesh (1–2), Trident, Gold Ingot, Sponge, Fishing Rod, Nautilus Shell|
|Location:||Overworld (ocean and rivers)|
|First Appearance:||1.13 (18w011a)|
The drowned mobs will spawn naturally in ocean or river biomes. In addition to this, they can also spawn if a zombie stays in the water for 30 seconds.
The drowned mob, much like other zombies, uses melee attacks, but can also kill the player at range if armed with a trident. They can also destroy turtle eggs and hunt baby turtles.
When a drowned is in water and it is day, they will stay in the water until a player enters. They will not leave as they will end up burning in sunlight, and will give up killing the player. However, they will stand with their upper bodies out of the water.
When in water, they will only swim if a player or villager is in the water with them. Otherwise, they will walk at the bottom of the water because they are unable to drown. They can spawn with a Trident or a Fishing Rod, and can drop either if equipped. They also can drop Rotten Flesh, and as an occasional drop, a Nautilus Shell.
It is also possible to find them in caves, provided there's a flowing water source, such as a river or hole leading to an ocean nearby.
It is confirmed that drowneds will break wooden doors in hard mode, and will attack villagers. Baby drowneds will also have jockey variants.
Drowneds that are not armed with a trident or fishing rod can be dealt with at range with a trident or bow. However, drowneds armed with a trident are best fought at close range since it will not throw its trident at an opponent that is too close.
- The drowned was confirmed to have a rare drop which has now been stated to be nautilus shells. These can be seen being held in a drowned's left hand.
- In the Bedrock Edition, the drowned can drop sponges.
- The drowned's face texture looks somewhat like a creeper's.
- In the Bedrock Edition, while chasing a player, drowneds have a swimming animation.
- In the Bedrock Edition, drowneds made zombie sounds. This was later fixed in the 1.4 update for the Bedrock Edition.
- In the Bedrock Edition, drowneds have a chance to drop a Gold Ingot.