Cooked Chicken is an edible Food item that is obtained when Raw Chicken is cooked in a Furnace or when a Chicken is killed by Fire. It restores when eaten. Butcher Villagers will sell cooked chicken for Emeralds.
As a food source:
- Restores a good amount of hunger points.
- Lots of saturation.
- Chickens are farmed easily. They also occasionally lay eggs, which will create more chickens.
- Does not have a chance of inflicting hunger, unlike raw chicken.
- Chickens spawn somewhat randomly, and thus there may be issues finding a steady supply of them.
- Chickens require Seeds for Breeding.
- Cooking chicken requires fuel, unless the chicken happens to be killed with fire, Lava, or a Fire Aspect/Flame enchanted Weapon.
- Each chicken will only drop a single raw chicken when killed (but you can get multiple raw chicken with the looting enchantment). This means that other passive Mobs are recommended since they have more plentiful Item drops than chickens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.