|Obtained by||Killing a chicken while it's on fire, or cooking Raw Chicken.|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.8|
|Data Values||Hex: 16E|
As a food source:
- Restores a good amount of hunger points.
- Lots of saturation.
- Chickens are farmed easily. They also occasionally lay eggs, which will create more chickens.
- Does not have a chance of inflicting hunger, unlike raw chicken.
- Chickens spawn somewhat randomly, and thus there may be issues finding a steady supply of them.
- Chickens require Seeds for Breeding.
- Cooking chicken requires fuel, unless the chicken happens to be killed with fire, Lava, or a Fire Aspect/Flame enchanted Weapon.
- Each chicken will only drop a single raw chicken when killed, even if it is killed by a weapon with the looting enchantment. This means that other passive Mobs are recommended since they have more plentiful Item drops than chickens.