Teleports entities to random surface locations within an area.
- Java Edition
spreadplayers <center> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> <respectTeams> <targets>
spreadplayers <center> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> under <maxHeight> <respectTeams> <targets>
- Spreads players to resulting position under the maximum height.
- Bedrock Edition
spreadplayers <x: value> <z: value> <spreadDistance: float> <maxRange: float> <victim: target>
- Specifies the center of the region to spread targets to.
- Must be a two-dimensional coordinates with floating-point number elements. Accepts tilde and caret notations.
- Specifies the minimum distance between targets.
- Must be a Single-precision floating-point format number. And it must be at least 0.0.
- Specifies the maximum distance on each horizontal axis from the center of the area to spread targets (thus, the area is square, not circular).
- Must be a Single-precision floating-point format number. In Java Edition, it must be greater than or equal to 1.0. In Bedrock Edition, it must be at least 1.0 greater than
- Specifies the maximum height for resulting positions.
- Must be a Single-precision floating-point format number. And it must be greater than or equal to 1.0.
- Specifies whether to keep teams together. If
true, targets on the same team are teleported to the same location.
- Must be a boolean (either
- Specifies the targets to spread.
- Must be a player name, a target selector or a UUID[Java Edition only].
|Command||Trigger||Java Edition||Bedrock Edition|
|any||the arguments are not specified correctly||Unparseable||Failed|
|there are too many targets to satisfy the |
|there is no enough space under ||N/A|
|any||On success||Teleports targets to random surface locations within the specified area.|
|any||Java Edition||On fail||0||0||0|
|On success||1||1||the number of teams that these targets are in|
|On success||1||1||the number of targeted entities|
|any||Bedrock Edition||On fail||0||N/A||N/A|
/spreadplayers command does not have a uniform distribution over the surface. It has a Gaussian distribution as the positions closer to the position set in the command have a higher chance of having an entity on them. This effect is very subtle and is not visible for short radius but can be a problem if you want a uniform random generation. This problem does not occur for the @r selector and dispensers.
- To teleport all players by team to random surface locations in a 1,000×1,000-block area centered on (0,0), with a minimum distance between teams of 200 blocks:
spreadplayers 0 0 200 500 true @a[Java Edition only]
- To teleport one random player from each of three teams (Red, Blue, and Green), as well as Alice and Bob, to random surface locations in a 200×200-block area centered on (0,0), with a minimum distance between players of 50 blocks:
spreadplayers 0 0 50 100 false @r[team=Red] @r[team=Blue] @r[team=Green] Alice Bob[Java Edition only]
/teleport— different commands that teleport a single player or entity to a specific position (even underground).
|1.16||20w21a||Added an optional |
|1.0.5||alpha 184.108.40.206||Added |