The Combat Tests are a series of snapshots and development versions that make changes to combat mechanics, and will be added once the new combat system is finalized. Although these snapshots are for a future version, they are just forks of 1.14.x and 1.15 releases and do not contain newer content.
- New attribute:
generic.attackReach, which represents the attack reach of a player
- Only used by players
- Default base is 3.0; minimum: 0.0; maximum: 6.0.
- Added a "Combat Reach" parameter to swords, hoes, and tridents.
- Added "Chopping", an exclusive axe enchantment
- Adds 1 HP and 0.5 seconds of shield stunning per level
- Maximum level is 3
- Mutually exclusive with Sharpness
- Added a "Shield Indicator" option that displays when the shield is active
- Added an option to disable the use-shield-on-crouch
- Increased accuracy in arrows
- Thrown snowballs now have a 4-tick cooldown before using them again
- Changed combat-related aspects of axes, hoes, pickaxes, shields, shovels, swords, and tridents
- Snowballs now stack to 64.
- ↑ A custom Java Edition snapshot to test new combat mechanics – u/jeb_, June 26, 2019
- ↑ Update: Custom Java Edition snapshot to test new combat mechanics (version 2) – u/jeb_, August 15, 2019
- ↑ Updated Combat Test Snapshot (number 3) and a custom map for combat testing – u/jeb_, November 1, 2019
- ↑ Since doing something this the last minute on a Friday is a great idea: Combat Test Snapshot Number 4 – u/jeb_, November 30, 2019