July 19, 2017
Code Connection for Minecraft is an extension that allows educators and students to explore, create, and play in an immersive Minecraft world – all by writing code.
Code Connection launches in a separate window. From here the user can select an environment.
Once a editor is selected you are ready to use Code Connection. Return to Minecraft and you’ll be greeted by the Agent, who can be programmed to perform all sorts of activities, from mining to building to farming.
Code Builder can be accessed in-game by typing the command
code in the command console or by pressing c in-game.
Once a editor is selected you are ready to use Code Builder. Return to Minecraft: Education Edition and you’ll be greeted by the Agent, who can be programmed to perform all sorts of activities, from mining to building to farming.
The in-game tutorial covers the following topics:
- Going forward
- Moving your agent using turn commands
- Mastering vertical movement
- Putting directional movement together to get the full spectrum
- Teaching the Agent to move and destroy items
- Farming Simulator. Why not automate your planting and harvesting needs?
- Collect materials
- Build a simple shelter with your agent
- Start creating in a sandbox area