|Catches fire from lava||
Chorus plants can be broken using any tool. Breaking one block of a chorus tree generally causes all chorus plants and flowers above to break due to lack of support. Upon breaking, a chorus plant drops 0–1 chorus fruit. This is not affected by Fortune.
- Times are for unenchanted tools as wielded by players with no status effects, measured in seconds. For more information, see Breaking § Speed.
Chorus plants make up most of the chorus trees that are naturally generated on the outer islands of the End. Chorus trees are typically 10–15 blocks in height, although a single plant can reach up to 22 blocks.
Chorus plants are generated as chorus flowers grow.
Chorus plants can be broken to obtain chorus fruit.
Chorus plant blocks break automatically (potentially dropping fruit), if the six surrounding blocks are not valid:
- a chorus plant with at least one other chorus plant horizontally adjacent breaks unless at least one of the vertically adjacent blocks is air
- a chorus plant breaks unless the block below is chorus plant or end stone or any horizontally adjacent block is a chorus plant above chorus plant or end stone
|Sound||Subtitles||Source||Description||Resource location||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation|
|Block broken||Blocks||Once the block has broken||1.0||0.8||16|
|None[sound 1]||Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||None[sound 1]||0.5||0.75||16|
|Block breaking||Blocks||While the block is in the process of being broken||0.25||0.5||16|
|Block placed||Blocks||When the block is placed||1.0||0.8||16|
|Footsteps||Blocks||Walking on the block||0.15||1.0||16|
|?||Blocks||Once the block has broken||1.0||0.8|
|?||Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||0.4||1.0|
|?||Blocks||While the block is in the process of being broken||0.23||0.5|
|?||Blocks||Jumping from the block||0.12||1.0|
|?||Blocks||Falling on the block without fall damage||0.18||1.0|
|?||Blocks||Walking on the block||0.3||1.0|
|?||Blocks||When the block is placed||1.0||0.8|
|Chorus Plant||Block & Item|
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Form||Item ID[i 1]||Translation key|
|Chorus Plant||Block & Giveable Item[i 2]||Identical[i 3]|
- ID of block's direct item form, which is used in savegame files and addons.
- Available with
- The block's direct item form has the same id with the block.
|Name||Default value||Allowed values||Description|
|down||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block down.|
|east||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block to the east.|
|north||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block to the north.|
|south||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block to the south.|
|up||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block up.|
|west||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block to the west.|
|1.9||June 22, 2015||Jeb reveals chorus plants on Instagram, with the words "MINECON 2015 HYPE!"|
|The chorus plants shown by Jeb have a thick model.|
|15w31a||Added chorus plants.|
|Chrous plants have a thinner model than the chorus plants that were previewed by Jeb.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 199.|
|1.14||18w43a||The texture of chorus plants have now been changed.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Added chorus plants.|
|The block form of the chorus plant can be obtained in survival using the Silk Touch enchantment.|
|alpha 22.214.171.124||The block form can no longer be obtained in survival, even with the Silk Touch enchantment.|
|?||Now uses wood sounds rather than grass.|
|1.10.0||beta 126.96.36.199||The texture of chorus plants have now been changed.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU46||CU36||1.38||Patch 15||1.0.1||Added chorus plants.|
|1.90||The texture of chorus plants have now been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|1.7.10||Added chorus plants.|
- Using commands, it is possible to make chorus trees grow to heights not normally possible. This works because commands can reset the time value of chorus flowers, allowing them to grow indefinitely.
- Because breaking one part of the plant breaks all parts above it, cutting a large plant can cause a brief performance drop.
- The chorus plant is named due to the sound it makes when it grows.
- "Ask Mojang Midsummer Special with Jeb" – Minecraft on YouTube, June 18, 2020