English: My World
Minecraft: China Edition[a] is a localized edition of Java and Bedrock editions for mainland China, developed by Mojang Studios and NetEase. China Edition has 500 million players as of October 2021.
- Free to download and play
- Cloud storage[Java Edition only]
- Friends system, with text chat support
- Multiple in-game player names are allowed[Java Edition only]
- Server rental and management in launcher
- An alternative to the Realms service
- The server owner does not have permission to upload or download server maps[Bedrock Edition only]
- The server can be backed up, restored, or reset with allocated storage (6 GB, 6144 MB in total)
- Maximum file size for server maps that can be backed up is 1 GB, 1024 MB
- The server will be shut down after the storage space is full
- Can install mods in rental mod service (Bukkit core)[Java Edition only]
- Online game server
- VIP Membership Center
- CN¥20 per month (≈ US$2.80 per month)
- CN¥12 per month (≈ US$1.70 per month) after 40% off discount
- VIP members can purchase seasonal merchandise at a discount of 40% rather than the original price. All purchased benefits and merchandise will be temporarily unavailable if the membership expired
- Patch system
- An alternative to the Marketplace service, normally only available in the Bedrock Edition of the game
- Including API, resource packs, skins, and mods, all contributed by community creators or officially reproduced from Marketplace
- Some patches are free
- Use Emerald or Diamond as currency instead of "Minecoins"
- Will not conflict or affect in-game items
- One-click patching
- No achievements on Bedrock Edition
- Virtual joystick support (with eight directions)[Bedrock Edition only]
- New UI[Bedrock Edition only] and pause menu
- "The Shopkeeper's Gifts" where players can watch ads to earn scratch cards rewarding varying amounts of emeralds and diamonds (limited to 5 per day) or unlock specific patches, including texture packs, mods, and custom maps, ranging from 1-2000 ads per item (limited to 35 per day).[Bedrock Edition only]
- "Chaos/Apocalyptic Game mode" with new features of which includes a new "Apocalyptic realm" with exclusive achievements, items, biomes, mobs, and 4 new bosses to fight.
- "Three Kingdoms: Chibi Game mode" adds new mobs, npc, boss, character special abilities, blocks, currency (diamonds for microtransactions), vouchers and weapon forging system (synthesize, forge, cast, upgrade, enhanced crystals, strengthening crystals).
- NPC[Bedrock Edition only]
- The operator holds Worldbuilder permissions by default, which means that its interface can be edited when the education option is turned off
- Some functionality is limited:
- Advanced settings (invalid after reboot)
- Proprietary interface for developing advanced component features[Bedrock Edition only]
- Wonderful World (Simplified Chinese: 精彩世界 Pinyin: Jīngcǎi shìjiè): Game recommendation page including news, recommended resources, special topic, best videos, etc.
- Game Center (Simplified Chinese: 游戏中心 Pinyin: Yóuxì zhōngxīn): Online gaming server.
- Patch Center (Simplified Chinese: 组件中心 Pinyin: Zǔjiàn zhōngxīn): Patch resource area including functional patches, visual patches, map patches, and gameplay patches.
- Game Forum (Simplified Chinese: 游戏论坛 Pinyin: Yóuxì lùntán): Game discussion area including tips for tutorials, Q&A, video live, etc.
- Game Live (Simplified Chinese: 游戏直播 Pinyin: Yóuxì zhíbō): Streamer Live area.
- Novelties (Simplified Chinese: 新鲜事 Pinyin: Xīnxiān shì): Official account/player game updates publishing area.
- Game (Simplified Chinese: 游戏 Pinyin: Yóuxì): The page to launch the game, including Singleplayer, Rental Server Games, Multiplayer Lobby, Online Games, etc.
- Friends (Simplified Chinese: 好友 Pinyin: Hǎoyǒu): Friend system including adding friends, chatting with friends, playing with multiplayer game, etc.
- Community (Simplified Chinese: 社区 Pinyin: Shèqū): Including Novelties, News and Community, which are official account/player game dynamics publishing area, game news publishing area, and in-game forum.
- Resource Center (Simplified Chinese: 资源中心 Pinyin: Zīyuán zhōngxīn): Similar to Marketplace, it allows players to buy and download game maps, add-ons, texture packs, and skins.
- My House (Simplified Chinese:我的家园 Pinyin: Wǒ de jiāyuán): A place where you have your own house that you can design. There are coins, which you can get by using the crafting table to solve a puzzle (eg. how to make a sword). The coins are used to buy furniture, decorations, and walls/floor. You also get a fox as a pet when you level up.
- Differences between Java Edition and China Edition
|Feature(s)||Java Edition||China Edition|
|Account||Legacy Minecraft, Mojang, or Microsoft account||NetEase account|
|Change skin||Launcher/Website||In launcher|
|Launching||In launcher||In launcher|
|World settings||In-game||In launcher|
|Data Connection||Optional||Optional (after logged in)|
|Switching worlds||In-game||In launcher|
China Edition also has these mods pre-installed:
- anti addiction Mod
- Filter Mod
- friendplay Mod
- Fullscreen Popup Mod
- network rpc Mod
- opencommand Mod
- Playermanager Mod
- Differences between Bedrock Edition and China Edition
|Feature(s)||Bedrock Edition||China Edition|
|Price||CN¥71 (US$29.99) (Windows)
CN¥45 (US$7.49) (Android)
CN¥45 (US$6.99) (iOS & iPadOS)
|Account||Microsoft account||NetEase account|
|Change skin||In-game||In launcher|
|World settings||In-game||In launcher|
|Data connection||Optional||Optional (after logged in)|
|Switching worlds||In-game||In launcher|
|April 7, 2017||China Edition was announced in Water Cube, Beijing. Delegates of Mojang Studios, Microsoft, and NetEase attended.|
|April 10, 2017||Closed beta test began.|
|April 28, 2017||Beta server closed without saving data.|
|May 21, 2017||Minecraft server Hypixel announced that a China-exclusive server was to open.|
|July 14, 2017||Windows Java Edition test started again with restricted users being allowed to join. Hypixel was available from then on.|
|August 8, 2017||Windows Java Edition test started with unrestricted users being allowed to join.|
|September 15, 2017||The pocket edition is now available in App Store.|
|October 12, 2017||Public beta test of China Edition on Android started.|
|October 19, 2017||Users of China Edition on Android reached over 14 million.|
|January 25, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.2.0 was released for Mobile.|
|January 27, 2018||Registered users for China Edition on all platforms reached over 60 million.|
|March 14, 2018||Developer Platform for China Edition was opened.|
|May 22, 2018||Registered users for China Edition on all platforms reached over 100 million.|
|July 6, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.4.0 was released for Mobile.|
|July 10, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.4.0 was released for Windows.|
|August 9, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.5.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|October 27, 2018||Registered users for China Edition on all platforms reached over 150 million.|
|November 15, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.6.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|December 20, 2018||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.7.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|January 24, 2019||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.8.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|April 3, 2019||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.9.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|July 4, 2019||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.11.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|July 26, 2019||A version based on Java Edition 1.14.3 was released for Windows.|
|October 10, 2019||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.12.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|November 12, 2019||Registered users for China Edition on all platforms reached over 300 million.|
|January 16, 2020||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.13.0 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|April 13, 2020||Minecraft server Hypixel announced that a China-exclusive server was to close.|
|June 30, 2020||NetEase closed the China-exclusive Hypixel server.|
|July 16, 2020||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.14.30 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|August 4, 2020||A version based on Java Edition 1.15.2 was released for Windows.|
|November 21, 2020||Registered users for China Edition on all platforms reached over 400 million.|
|January 28, 2021||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.16.10 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|March 16, 2021||A version based on Java Edition 1.16 was released for Windows.|
|June 30, 2021||A version based on Java Edition 1.16.4 was released for Windows. A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.16.201 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
|July 6, 2021||A version based on Minecraft RTX was released for Windows.|
|January 21, 2022||A version based on Bedrock Edition 1.17.2 was released for Mobile and Windows.|
The pop-up which is displayed when user's IP address is located in mainland China visits minecraft.net.
- China Edition website
- App Store (iOS, iPadOS, & macOS)
- "《我的世界》2020年开发者大会 世界在你手中" – https://www.realmicentral.com/2021/10/17/minecraft-registered-500-million-chinese-players-and-the-next-major-update-will-be-launched-in-2022/, 2021.
- China Edition download page