The Chemistry Update is the name for Minecraft: Education Edition version 1.0.27, an update that was released on February 22, 2018.
- Element Constructor
- Allows the player to create elements based on their atomic structure with sliders to choose the number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Uses 118 elements from the Periodic Table as well as over 400 stable isotopes.
- Compound Creator
- Add elements to the grid and the resulting compound appears.
- There are over 30 compounds that can be created with this tool – from luminol and hydrogen peroxide to charcoal and soap.
- Lab Table
- Allows for the creation of items by combining elements and compounds in a grid.
- For example, adding water and sodium hypochlorite makes bleach, which a player can use to turn wool white.
- Material Reducer
- It reduces a block to its component elements, providing a useful way to explore the elements that make up the real world environment.
- Since some blocks in Minecraft do not exist in the natural world, there is a “?” element for these as well to encourage curiosity of learners.