| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
Chainmail Armor (also known as Chain Armor or Chainmail) is a type of armor which offers medium protection, stronger than leather or gold armor, but weaker than iron armor. It's difficult to obtain in Survival mode.
Chainmail armor is currently unobtainable through crafting. However, it can be obtained via trading, as a rare drop from zombies and skeletons (albeit very damaged but can be enchanted), or found in chests.
Chainmail can also be obtained through other, less legitimate means. It can be made using fire with cheats, as that is the only way to obtain a fire block. A player can also use the command
/give @p fire <amount> to obtain fire as a block (no longer possible as of 1.8). It can be obtained in creative mode.
- If a player throws a piece of armor offering more protection at a mob who happens to be wearing chainmail, this will make the mob drop their chainmail on the ground and pick up the stronger armor which was thrown at them. This will occur if that mob's pickups settings are enabled.
- Chainmail armor can be repaired by placing it on an anvil along with an iron ingot.
- Chainmail armor is the only armor that is partly transparent.
- In Minecraft 0.30 Survival Test, chainmail armor had a different texture.
- When smelted in a furnace, chainmail armor will result in an iron nugget.