|Obtained by||Zombies and Villager Farms as well as Growing in a Farm|
|First Appearance||12w34a (1.4)|
|Data Values||Hex: 187|
Carrots are a food item in Minecraft that were added in update 1.4.2, and they can restore 1 and a half (1 1/2) hunger bars per carrot when eaten (changed in update 1.8 from 2). Carrots can be acquired from NPC Villages and sometimes, but rarely, dropped by Zombies. When planted, they grow much like Wheat. To plant carrots, one's seed is a carrot itself. Unlike wheat, however, they grow only through four stages instead of wheat's eight stages. They can also be fully grown via Bonemeal, much like other crops. Using carrots on Pigs or Rabbits will activate their Love Mode. They can be crafted into a handful of things, including a Carrot on a Stick and Golden Carrots (crafting recipes below).
- Carrots are less space-consuming than a large field of Wheat crops, and to have over a full stack of Carrots may only require as few as a 6x4 plot compared to Bread, which requires a 1x3 space for one piece of Bread.
- Carrots have a higher saturation level than most other crops.
- Carrots are used to breed Pigs, and Chickens, as technically, Carrots are a seed. However, Chickens will not follow one if one is equipped with a carrot, only wheat.
- Carrots do not require crafting or cooking to get the most out of them.
- Carrots can be hard to come by, especially in pre-1.4.2 worlds as they are only found in NPC Villages, which are not very common, or as a rare drop from Zombies.
|Golden Carrot||Carrot on a Stick|
|Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||None||None||None|
|Gold Nugget||Carrot||Gold Nugget||Fishing Rod||None||None|
|Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||None||Carrot||None|
or Red Mushroom
- Carrots had an old texture before 1.4 looking like many carrots in a bunch, and were originally called "Carrots". The name was later changed to "Carrot" and the texture was changed to a single carrot.
- Carrots and Wheat look identical on their first stage.
- Carrots can commonly be found in Villages.
- As of Minecraft Pocket Edition version 0.8.1, carrots may not fully grow with Bone Meal. This is yet to be fixed.