Carpets are thin decorative blocks, which come in a variety of colors.
A carpet is a thin sheet of wool that can be placed on the ground, completely covering the top of the block on which it is placed. A carpet acts like a half-slab, in that some blocks cannot be placed directly on top of it, such as a lily pad.
Carpets can be used as fuel. They can smelt approximately 1/3 of an item per carpet.
Another use for carpets is for decorating llamas. Once a llama is tamed, they can be decorated with a carpet which will produce a unique pattern, depending on the carpet's color.
Carpets can be crafted from any type of colored wool by placing the materials in the following manner:
|Wool (Any colored Wool)||Wool (Any colored Wool)||None|
- Carpet can be placed on any type of block including on top of string and fences.
- Placing carpets on string will allow one to make mob-proof walkways since mobs will think that the carpets on the string are air blocks.
- Placing carpets on fences will allow players to jump on top of said fences. In fact, a player will actually jump onto the carpet which means that a player will be jumping up onto the fence's collision box.
- Placing carpets between an enchantment table and some bookshelves will cause the bookshelves to not be able to influence the enchantment table.
- Brown carpets can spawn naturally in villages where they are spawned on top of fences in order to look like tables.
- Before carpets were added, pressure plates were spawned on top of fences instead.