Cake stands 1/4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It is quite easy to craft for experienced players. It restores per use and has a total amount of seven uses. Cake does not drop when broken. Cake can't be eaten like other foods like Cookie and Enchanted Apple; instead, they can only be eaten by clicking on it whilst it is placed. As of Minecraft 1.8, if one places a redstone comparator next to cake, one can get up to Redstone PL 14, 2 for each slice. This is used on 1.8 maps and minigames, and trolling on multiplayer with TNT.
Cake is made with an egg, three buckets of milk, two sugar, and three wheat. If a player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award one with the achievement "The Lie" (it's usually required to earn the achievement "Time to Farm" first), which is a reference to the game, Portal. Various maps have the phrases "Your cake is waiting" and "The cake is a lie".
- On the console versions, the texture pack "Candy" allows different types of cake.
- Cake can be used as a form of decoration (i.e. flooring).
- Cake makes the same sound as wool being placed.
- Cake is the only food that can be eaten when placed.
- Cake cannot be retrieved by shears or a tool enchanted with silk touch once it has been placed.
- A player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 hunger bar.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- Cakes are not stackable on the PC edition, but they are on the Console and Pocket Edition.
- Cakes will replenish a total of 7 hunger points when all of the slices are eaten.
- In early versions, when a player crafted a cake, the three buckets were also used up, which made it very expensive to make.
- Farmer Villagers will sell a cake for an Emerald.
- A Panda will walk up to a dropped cake and eat it the same way as it did with bamboo,only it will produce a different particle mess as if it is being eaten by hand.
- Placing a cake into a Composter will raise its level by 1.
- It is unknown where the cherry-like topping of a cake came from in crafting it,as there are no ingredients that have a similarity to the toppings.