|— minecraft.net on Buzzy Bees|
Buzzy Bees was a major update, mainly focused on bees and the items relating to them, as well as also fixing bugs from previous versions. The update was released on December 10, 2019, only for the Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft.
This update was released on Java Edition as version 1.15. This update's development started with snapshot 19w34a, which was released on August 22, 2019. The first pre-release for Java Edition 1.15 was released on November 21, 2019, followed by the second on November 25, the third on November 28, the fourth on December 3, the fifth on December 5, the sixth on December 6 and the seventh on December 9.
For the China Edition, the full update was released on July 16, 2020.
- New blocks:
- Bee nests
- Are the homes of bees.
- Fills up with honey which you can collect through glass bottles.
- Honey blocks
- Honeycomb Blocks
- Bee nests
- New items:
- New mob:
- Inflicts Poison if provoked (on normal and hard difficulty). After attacking once, it becomes passive and dies shortly after.
- Will attack in groups when provoked, similarly to how zombified piglins and wolves will attack in groups.
- Can pollinate crops, making them grow faster when passing over them in a pollinated state.
- Avoids water.
- Homeless bees wander around searching for empty beehives.
- Can be bred with flowers.
- 1.15.1 was released to fix some bugs.
- 1.15.2 added new game rules, made some changes for bees and fixed some bugs.
- 126.96.36.199 was released exclusively on PS4 to fix several bugs related to the Bedrock Edition PS4 launch.
- 1.14.1, 1.14.20, and 1.14.30 were released to fix even more bugs.
- 1.14.41 was released exclusively on PS4 to fix several bugs related to the Bedrock Edition PS4 launch.
- 1.14.60 was released to fix even more bugs.
A trailer for the update was released on December 11, 2019. This trailer was made by Mojang themselves instead of Hat Films, similar to the 4 previous trailers.
|Buzzy Bees: Official Trailer (view on YouTube)|
Videos made by slicedlime:
|What's New in Minecraft Java Edition 1.15 - The Buzzy Bees Update? (view on YouTube)|
|All the Technical Changes in Minecraft Java Edition 1.15 (view on YouTube)|
- This update marked the arrival of the Bedrock Edition on PlayStation 4, discontinuing the final updated Legacy Console Edition, PlayStation 4 Edition.
- "Buzzy Bees should be fully available by December 11th. Java Edition in specific is releasing 10th." – @slicedlime on Twitter, December 5, 2019
- "10th, same as Java" – @HelenAngel on Twitter, December 6, 2019
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w34a" – Minecraft.net, August 22, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 7" – Minecraft.net, November 21, 2019
Code Builder Update
Village & Pillage
Camps & Clubs
Caves and Cliffs Part 2