Like all other dyes, brown dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of brown wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Applied to tamed cats to dye their collars.
- Used to dye or stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a fade-to-color effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers in Bedrock and Education editions.
- Used to dye water contained in cauldrons in Bedrock and Education editions.
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combined with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks in Bedrock and Education editions.
Apprentice-level Shepherd villagers have a 20% chance to buy 12 brown dye for an emerald.[Bedrock Edition only]
Expert-level Shepherd villagers have a 2⁄7 chance to buy 12 brown dye for an emerald.[Java Edition only]
|Name||Resource location||Form||Translation key|
|Name||Resource location||Alias ID (BE)||Numeric ID||Form||Translation key|
Instructions: item textures and more from a development video on twitter by bartek
|1.14||18w43a||Added brown dye.|
|1.8.0||beta 18.104.22.168||Added brown dye.|
|1.11.0||beta 22.214.171.124||Brown dye can now be sold to shepherd villagers.|
|1.16.100||beta 126.96.36.199||The ID of brown dye has been changed from |
|PlayStation 4 Edition|
|1.83||Added brown dye.|