| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
A bell is a naturally-generated block that can be found in the center of all Village variants, and produce a bell sound when used.
Bells can be rung by right-clicking on the bell portion of the block (not the frame), which will produce a sound as well as a "swaying" animation. They can also be rung by any damage-dealing projectile in Java Edition , and by redstone or any projectile in Bedrock Edition.
Bells can be anchored to the sides of blocks, floors, and ceilings.
If a bell is rung, the villagers will scatter into their houses. If it is rung during a raid , all nearby mobs within 48 blocks that can appear in a raid will be revealed to the player with a glowing effect on them and a resonating sound. Ringing a bell while villagers are sleeping in their beds will cause them to wake up. Any kind of blacksmith villager may sell bells in exchange for a lot of emeralds.
- One bell can always be found and collected at the center of a village.
- You can trade with some professions of villagers for a bell, sold for 36 emeralds .
The bell was added in 1.14 snapshot 18w44a, but had no functionality. In snapshot 18w50a, sounds and animations for the bell were added. They can be rung by a projectile as of 19w11a, and in 19w13b, bells that are rung during a raid will reveal the raiding mobs within a certain range via a glowing effect.
The bell was added in 1.9.0, and were given functionality in 1.11.0.
PlayStation 4 Edition
The bell was added in 1.91.
- When a bell is broken, nearby villagers appear to be angry. However, if a new bell is placed in the village, all villagers will emit a green, sparkling particle effect.
- The bell can be considered as one of the most expensive blocks in terms of trading, as it requires 36 emeralds (can be cheaper or more expensive) to buy one.
- Even though it is expensive, the bell itself is considered renewable since it can be obtained from trading.
- When the bell is shot by a Bow, it will ring relative to how long you charged the shot.