| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help bythe page.
A bell is a naturally-generated block that can be found in the center of all Village variants, and produce a bell sound when used.
Bells can be rung by right-clicking on the bell portion of the block (not the frame), which will produce a sound as well as a "swaying" animation. They can also be rung by any damage-dealing projectile in Java Edition , and by redstone or any projectile in Bedrock Edition.
Bells can be anchored to the sides of blocks, floors, and ceilings.
If a bell is rung, the villagers will scatter into their houses. If it is rung during a raid , all nearby mobs within 48 blocks that can appear in a raid will be revealed to the player with a glowing effect on them and a resonating sound. Ringing a bell while villagers are sleeping in their beds will cause them to wake up. Any kind of blacksmith villager may sell bells in exchange for a lot of emeralds. Bells will also act as a meeting place for villagers to gather around in the afternoon.
- One bell can always be found and collected at the center of a village.
- You can trade with some professions of villagers for a bell, sold for 36 emeralds.
The bell was added in 1.14 snapshot 18w44a, but had no functionality. In snapshot 18w50a, sounds and animations for the bell were added. They can be rung by a projectile as of 19w11a, and in 19w13b, bells that are rung during a raid will reveal the raiding mobs within a certain range via a glowing effect.
The bell was added in 1.9.0, and were given functionality in 1.11.0.
PlayStation 4 Edition
The bell was added in 1.91.
- When a bell is broken, nearby villagers appear to be angry. However, if a new bell is placed in the village, all villagers will emit a green, sparkling particle effect.
- The bell can be considered as one of the most expensive blocks in terms of trading, as it requires 36 emeralds (can be cheaper or more expensive) to buy one.
- Even though it is expensive, the bell itself is considered renewable since it can be obtained from trading.
- When the bell is shot by a Bow, it will ring relative to how long you charged the shot.
- Bells are the only uncraftable block found in a village.