Bedrock Edition beta 188.8.131.52
Xbox One, Windows 10, Android – April 10, 2018
Beta 184.108.40.206 is the seventh beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.4.0, released on April 10, 2018, which adds more Update Aquatic features and fixes bugs. This update also includes the Chemistry Update features from Education Edition.
Although labeled as a beta for the respective update, an update labeled 1.2.20 never came, similar to how Java Edition Beta 1.9 was never released. Instead, these features were later postponed to be fully implemented into the release of 1.4.0.
- Naturally generate in warm oceans, usually around coral reefs.
- Up to 4 can be placed on a block.
- Each one adds 3 to the light level, but only when placed underwater.
- Can be smelted into lime dye.
- Can be found inside buried treasure chest loot.
- Currently has no use.
- Version exclusive: Has a unique texture.
- Currently have no use.
- Version exclusive: Has a unique texture.
- Added a new animation for tridents enchanted with Riptide.
- Spawn in any ocean that is not frozen.
- Are neutral mobs.
- Generate in normal, cold, and frozen ocean biomes, as well as their deep variants.
- Come in different shapes and sizes.
Chemistry Update features
- Used to create compounds from elements.
- Have 4 colors: blue, green, purple, and red.
- Used to create elements.
- Have 16 different colors.
- Can melt snow and ice, similar to torches.
- Used to create new items or blocks by combining elements and compounds.
- Used to create chemical materials from blocks.
- Torch that can be placed underwater.
- TNT that can destroy blocks underwater.
- Entity which can be tied to fences and mobs, similar to leash knots.
- Will make mobs float in the air when used on a mob.
- Have 16 colors.
- Projectile that can transform water into ice.
- Medicine potions
- Can be placed in the off-hand.
- Have 4 colors: orange, purple, red, and green.
- Used to grow plants maturely in single uses.
- Education Edition toggle
- Can be toggled in Cheats
- Activates Chemistry Update features when toggled
- Added various chemical elements and compounds.
- Buttons made from oak planks or stone are now displayed as "Oak Button" and "Stone Button", respectively.
- Updated textures.
- Can now be used underwater, but require a trapdoor on top.
- Can now be placed and used underwater.
- Now has a completely new look for every biome and is easier to see above and underwater.
- Updated textures.
- Are no longer available only through Experimental Gameplay.
- Updated texture.
- Updated model.
- Now burn in daylight.
- Can now spawn in frozen oceans.
- Now burn in daylight while in boats.
- Can now generate underwater.
- Oxygen bar
- No longer regenerates instantly when the player gets out of water.
- Players can now swim through 1x1 gaps.
- Fixed several of the top crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after rating content in the Marketplace.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when importing an add-on with an invalid manifest file.
- Skin selections will once again save after closing the game or signing out.
- Item names and descriptions will once again appear using touch controls on Classic UI.
- "Destroy Block (vibrate)" toggle once appears in Touch settings.
- Fixed villager trades becoming deactivated in certain cases when using touch controls.
- Soul sand and gravel once again generate in the Nether.
- Activated resource packs will now stay active upon downloading any other resource pack during world creation.
- Disconnecting a controller while making input no longer continues that input until the controller is reconnected.
- Lava with a block on top no longer prevents fire damage to entities and will fix chicken cookers.
- Fixed the appearance of bubbles around the guardian laser attack.
- Underwater effect is no longer applied when the player's head is above water.
- Initiating World Template screen now shows a progress bar.
- Water source blocks surrounding Glass and Sea Lanterns no longer turn into flowing water blocks.
- Fire Resistance potions now protect snow golems from dying in warm biomes.
- Disconnected water flows no longer visually show as connected.
- Chroma Hills HD texture pack fonts now apply correctly.
- Split-Screen controls are no longer mixed up when the game is launched while using keyboard and mouse input on Xbox One.
- The default author for books are now set to "Author Unknown".
/clearwill now clear items held in hand when playing in Classic UI.
- Improvements to store load times.
- Fixes for bugs introduced during Beta
- Fixed a crash that occurred for the host of a multiplayer game when pressing Save & Quit.
- Fixed a crash that occurred for multiplayer clients when a pufferfish inflated.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening chests from shipwrecks.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when entering size coordinates into Remix 3D exporting on Windows 10.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pushing/pulling a chest with a Sticky Piston underwater.
- Increased performance in oceans.
- Swimming controls no longer override Creative flying controls.
- Adjustments to the camera view of the swimming animation.
- Water in cauldrons is no longer invisible.
- Warm oceans are now easier to find.
- Enchanted tridents no longer flash red when set on fire.
- Thrown tridents no longer have a placeholder name.
- Trident attack damage is now listed in its item tooltip.
- Fixed strange Trident behavior when it's thrown into snow.
- Players who are not the owner of a trident with Loyalty can no longer pick it up.
- Falling sand is no longer affected by tridents enchanted with Channeling.
- Tridents can now be fire from Dispensers.
- Tridents thrown underwater will no longer continue to produce bubbles.
- Ocean monuments now spawn in all deep ocean variants.
- Fixed item name of Tropical Fish.
- Improved fish spawning and despawning.
- Trees can now be stripped with an Axe when using touch controls.
- Bone drop rate from fish has been reduced to 25%.
- Removed sponges from the drowned's loot table.
- Items now float properly on the surface of water.
- Increased the spawn rate of shipwrecks.
- Removed underwater mega ravines.
- Kelp no longer spawns in frozen oceans.
- Kelp now stops growing when it reaches the surface.
- Fish are no longer invisible on some devices.
- Top kelp blocks are no longer missing transparency when viewed at certain distances.
- Redstone dust will now properly light up when powered.
- Water blocks between bookshelves and enchantment tables will no longer affect the level of enchantments available
- Buckets of fish acquired with commands will now drop fish.
- Villagers in igloos can once again be traded with.
- GUI Scale once again applies properly when launching the game.
- Drowned now spawn properly in new ocean biomes.
- Treasure maps can now be obtained through commands when Experimental Gameplay is disabled.
- Dried kelp now appears in Miscellaneous Food of the Equipment tab in the Creative inventory.
- Fixed seagrass icon appearing as regular grass.
- Fixed seagrass spawning on icebergs.
- Overworld mobs will no longer spawn underwater on kelp and seagrass.
- Blocks moved by pistons underwater are now filled with water.
- Pistons and sticky pistons are now properly displayed underwater.
- "Minecraft Beta - 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" , April 10, 2018.