Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS/iPadOS: March 16, 2022
Beta 22.214.171.124 (Xbox, Windows, Android) or Preview 126.96.36.199 (Xbox, Windows, iOS/iPadOS) is the eighth beta/preview for Bedrock Edition 1.18.30, released on March 16, 2022, which adds the copper horn behind experimental gameplay, and fixes bugs.
- Will now be disabled for 5 seconds if struck by a player or mob wielding an axe
- Limited the number of elements in the
crafting_tagsfield of the
These additions and changes are accessible by enabling the "Vanilla Experiments" and "GameTest Framework" experimental toggle.
- Crafted from a goat horn and copper ingots
- Can play three different sounds, with additional sounds if the horn is crafted from a goat horn that is dropped by a screaming goat
- Goat horns and copper horns now spawn as loot in pillager outpost chests.
- Can now be crafted into copper horns
- Is now always dropped when a goat with at least one horn rams into stone, packed ice, iron ore, copper ore, emerald ore, or any wood log in the Overworld
- Now have a small chance of spawning with only one horn
- Baby goats will always grow up to have two horns, however.
- GameTest Framework
- Added event
leverActivate, which is activated when a lever is toggled
- Added an optional argument to
showParticles: bool = trueto function addEffect.
- Fixed an issue where the hunger bar would not deplete on some Marketplace worlds ( )
- Fixed Bad Omen effect not being applied after defeating a Pillager Captain ( )
- Mob hurt and death sounds no longer overlap ( )
- Knockback resistance now dampens the vertical lift received from the Iron Golem attack
- Save Structure Blocks now correctly detect Corner Structure Blocks at negative Y levels ( )
- Vanilla Parity
- Nether Brick, Iron/Gold Nuggets, Red/Brown Mushroom Blocks, and Chorus Plant/Flower Blocks can no longer be used as fuel in Furnaces ( )
- Camera now shakes the same way it does in Java Edition when the player receives damage ( )
- Shields will now be disabled when being attacked by an axe.
- Fixed an issue where some large mobs in Marketplace maps could get stuck
- User Interface
- When using the new touch controls on mobile devices, the size of the thumbstick can now be adjusted with the Button Size slider in the settings screen
- Fixed an issue in Pocket UI where items could be dropped unintentionally in blocks with custom UIs, and resized those screens to allow for dropping items on the sides instead
- Improved contrast on multiple UI elements
- Enabled the Behavior Packs tab in the new Create New World screen
- Fixed an issue in the Knockback goal where the incorrect owner was being passed into the filter evaluate function
- Stability and Performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading entities in a chunk that contained entities pre-1.18.30.
- "Minecraft Beta & Preview - 188.8.131.52/27" – Minecraft Feedback, March 16, 2022.