Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS/iPadOS: March 3, 2022
Beta 22.214.171.124 (Xbox, Windows, Android) or Preview 126.96.36.199 (iOS/iPadOS, Xbox, Windows) is the sixth beta/preview for Bedrock Edition 1.18.30, released on March 3, 2022, which makes changes to the sculk shrieker, nerfs armor protection and fixes bugs.
- Added armor toughness to minimize the effects of the new armor penetration mechanics.
- Diamond armor and netherite armor now have a toughness value of 2 and 3 respectively.
- Netherite armor will now reduce more damage than diamond armor.
- Tweaked armor reduction calculation to account for toughness.
- Armor protects less due to the new penetration system, armor points count for less as the attack strength increases: each 2 done by the attack reduces the effective defense points by 1 (), but not below 20% of the armor points. Each armor point now defends 0.8% to 4% instead of always 4%.
- Lowered the amount of knockback resistance granted by netherite armor. Each armor piece gives 10% of knockback reduction instead of 22.5%, so a full set reduces 40% of knockback instead of 90%.
- Protection now reduce damage from negative status effects like poison or wither.
- Protection enchantments have been nerfed to match Java Edition. A full set of armor with Protection IV is not sufficient for a maximum amount of protection.
preventsjumpingcomponentfrom data-driven blocks
- Testing RenderDragon on all Android, iOS, and iPadOS devices
JumpToBlockbehavior is now correctly affected by
JumpBoostmob effect ( )
- Block Components
- Fixed a case where experimental
BlockCollisionComponentsdid not allow partial specification
These additions and changes are accessible by enabling the "Wild Update" and "GameTest Framework" experimental toggle.
- Now listens to the tendril clicking of the sculk sensor.
- The threat level that causes the warden to spawn (to be added in a future beta/preview) will now be decreased over time.
- GameTest Framework
- Removed property
- Removed property
- World additions for music management:
queueMusic(trackName : string, musicOptions : MusicOptions)
playMusic(trackName : string, musicOptions : MusicOptions)
MusicOptionsJS class with volume,
fadeSecondsand loop properties
- Added event
entityHurt(entityHurtEvent: EntityHurtEvent, options?: EntityEventOptions), which fires when an entity takes damage
- Removed 'Minecraft' and 'GameTest' imports
mojang-gametestare now used.
- Stability and Performance
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed possible crashes on Android when suspending or resuming the app.
- Vertical field of view is no longer halved in horizontal split screen, making items such as book & quill easier to view when playing in split screen.
- Tweaked surrounding terrain for structures such as villages during world generation ( ).
- TNT no longer disappears when ignited with the 'TNT Explodes' game rule disabled and the 'Fire Spreads' game rule enabled ( ).
- Gravity affected blocks now fall on top snow when placed above it instead of hovering over it ( ).
- Vanilla Parity
- Players flying in Creative mode are no longer pushed by liquid current ( ).
- Farmer villagers can now use bone meal on crops and can turn excess seeds into bone meal at their composter ( ).
- Protection enchantment now properly works on most damage types ( ).
- Fixed a desync issue that could sometimes cause health to regenerate only visually.
- Landing on a stalagmite is now properly considered fall damage ( ).
- Fixed some issues in where damage invulnerability wasn't properly being applied.
- Fixed an issue where the Protection enchantments mitigated too much damage. This has been changed to match Java Edition ( ).
- Absorption hearts no longer stay yellow while under the Wither effect ( ).
- Lowered the amount of knockback resistance granted by netherite armor ( ).
- Punching deals less damage now, to better match the Java Edition ( ).
- Fixed a bug in the glow squid's texture where the glow map in the alpha channel was incorrect, causing patches of non-glowing texture to be seen ( ).
- Fixed the crosshair disappearing when Outline Selection for blocks is disabled.
- Players that are on fire now render fire in front of the player on the inventory screen regardless of in-game camera perspective ( ).
- Fixed a highlight effect on leather armor appearing on paperdolls ( ).
- Bucket of tropical fish no longer displays the incorrect name after catching a fish.
- The skin equip warning prompt once again appears when equipping a skin from a product page.
- The ravager now targets and attacks the wandering trader ( ).
- Mobs spawned from a dispenser are now persistent ( ).
- Shulkers no longer like to occupy the same block as another shulker ( ).
- Shulkers now prioritize attaching to neighboring block faces before trying to teleport away.
- Shulkers now stay attached to the current attached blockface if it is valid, instead of switching to upright position.
- User Interface
- Fixed text in certain languages not being correctly rendered in the new Create New World screen ( ).
- Cartographers now always unlock Woodland Explorer Map trade ( ).
- Correct error output is now displayed when attempting to use the
/loot spawncommand passing in the position of an unloaded area and there is 0 loot to drop.
/lootcommand insert loot and insert kill overload.
- Title commands fired before a client was done joining will now show instead of being ignored.
- "Minecraft Beta & Preview - 188.8.131.52/21" – feedback.minecraft.net, March 3, 2022.